Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sierra club visit

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2000, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Snowshark, I just remembered. the web add. is on my membership card.

www.atving.com/net/atvam

rangerchet

Old 07-13-2000, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

I hope the manufacturers start fighting this stuff right now, thye stand to loose allot, I would not pay 50 cents for an atv if all I could do was ride it in my back yard. The sad thing is most of those Sierra club type people really don't even know what they are fighting for! they are like cults. Stop trying to ban a recreation that employs people! and generates millions of dollars towards the economy and start worry about people who can't eat! because they have no food. Atvers help not hurt.

Old 07-14-2000, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

Rangerchet,

Thanks for the information.

Old 07-14-2000, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

I think the great way to fight back is to vote for the right people. I don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, or Independant, Whats important to me is that the person that fights for my rights. That doesn't mean a bigger Federal Government either. The federal government is trying to stick their nose in every little thing we do, (not good). They are siding with enviromental groups like Sierra Club, which have nothing better to do than make the rest of us miserable. Not everybody wants to hike, some of us likes to ride. The bad part is that we will also end up loosing our rights to bear arms in this nation also. Little by little they are accomplishing this with the help of the liberal news media. I say we all need to get together and speak to all our friends and families about whats going on. You would be surprised how many people we know, that does not know what these groups are trying to do. And lastly (VOTE FOR THE RIGHT PEOPLE). We might buy and ride different machines, but on this issue we have better stick together.

Old 07-14-2000, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

what they should really be after is commecial waste, asin toxics, oils, and material. that is at least a million times what it could be, and is a billion times worse than what atvs do.

all I have to say to the siarra club is **** off.

Old 07-14-2000, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

I emailed the Maine office of the Sierra Club to ask them why we cannot both co-exist, they can have there hiking and horses and we can have our trails, I was not mean or anything like that, just asked them how come? I recieved zero reply.
I did not think i would get a reply. I also stated in the email that there are way more serious causes, like ones mentioned in the others posts, that need more attention than a couple guys out with there friends on aTV's

Old 07-14-2000, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

why dont we just petition to ban all horses from national forests? When those giant **** dropping clod hoppers go into my trails all i see is what looks like sledge hammer hits.

when horses walk on rocks, they throw sparks from their hoofs, and burn down thousands of acres a year, and the **** you cant get rid of, it stays on the trail for at least two to four weeks.

sounds pretty stupid doesnt it? well thats how they approach atvs. go figure.

Old 07-14-2000, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

one more thing, theres a place I ride about a mile from my house. there is a few, not sure how many, horses that ride up there, and every time I go up there, and see hoof marks, is when there is a few trees/branches/rocks in the trail. I am certain it is from this guy, the next time I go up there, it will be for a few hours waiting for that guy, then who knows what will endure, Im sure my paintball gun knows.

Old 07-14-2000, 05:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Has everybody joined The Blue Ribbon Coalition?

It is a group consisting of all off-highway users and is there to defend our rights. They are fighting and winning. They also need YOUR support to fight for YOUR rights. A lifetime membership is cheap. It seems to be more grass roots, although some of the manufacturers donate. Every bit will help.

I see the attempts by the GAGs (Green Advocacy Groups) all over, being from the Rocky Mountain west. SUWA and the Sierra Club are trying to expand Utah wilderness (read Moab and San Rafael Swell). The Blue Ribbon Coalition is fighting that very strongly. BRC is fighting all over the country. From Florida to Washington; from Maine to California.

We need to get the word out that ATVs are NOT the only thing to be excluded from these areas: 4WD vehicles, ATVs, snowmobiles, PWCs, bicycles. Anything MECHANIZED (not motorized). All enjoyers of the outdoors need to get involved.

Go to your local BLM/Forest Service/DOI/State meeting and participate. Don't let the GAGs have the final say nor the most vocal say.

As for ruining their experience: I'm a Fire Captain in CO and a Search & Rescue member in CO and UT. When these so called enviromentalists get injured, who comes out to find them? CAP in airplanes and the S&R on ATVs and in 4WD vehicles. I have performed emergency medical services (bandaging, splinting, IVs, etc.) in the field to some of these people. Some feel almost offended that I am there to help them (although without help they would die of exposure and then their family would sue!). Others were so very greatful for a ride or assistance. Did they change their minds about us? Possibly not, but it might. They feel we are there to help them when needed - not to enjoy the outdoors ourselves. Very selfish attitides. Is it enough to stop my help? No, it might change somebody's mind to see our point of view.

In the Dinorsaur National Monument in UT and CO (another land-grab attemp by Clinton/Gore to double it's existing size is coming up), the environmentalists were indiacating that the OHV crowd was ruining their experience. Sound recorders were placed in the boonies to show how horrible everything is. Strange noises were heard on the recorders. Seems they were recording themselves as there was nothing else to record. The environmentalists claimed there were problems. These things were placed not far from a heavily travelled road to Harper's Corner and also into Echo Canyon. Watch for their lies.

The web page for the Blue Ribbon Coalition:

http://www.sharetrails.org/mag/index.htm

Sorry about the rambling - this topic kind of gets me going.

Old 07-14-2000, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

As I have said before, our real enemys are these enviro groups who want to shut down all OHV use. I encourage everyone that hasn't joined the blue ribbon coalition to do so.

Quick Reply: Sierra club visit