Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sierra club visit

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2000, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 young ladies visited me last night... the problem is that they were from the Sierra Club. They are going door to door with a petition to ban motorized vehicles from state and national forests. When I questioned them why, they didn't know anything except that OHV's "are bad". When I pressed them they left abrubtly. They seemed to be college kids, probably paid for it.

Old 07-13-2000, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

glad they were educated about there cause!! lol. i havent seen any forest die out or animals die because of responsible atving.

later
jon

Old 07-13-2000, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

DaBoss,

It most likely was college kids trying to earn some money. They didn't have a clue to what OHV was!

The Sierra Club won't rest until the only place left to ride is our backyards.

Here is an example the National Forest close to me has around 500 miles for horses & hikes, 150 miles for motorcycles, 40 miles for quads. The equestrians aren't happy with that, they won't all the trails & none for OHV use. The new director for the stat of Washington is listing! Damn!

Later

Old 07-13-2000, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

If they got it there way you would not even be able to walk in the woods without following paths.,it is getting crazy. They are worried about some ATV's but huge companies are really doing far more damage to the environment then atv's could even dream of doing. but pick on the poorer of the two, multi-billion or trillion I am sure by now corporations or , ATVERS.

Old 07-13-2000, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

should have taken them for a ride that would have changed there minds. Met a land owner the other day that bought two new Polaris 325 mags, they love it, but before they used to post there land, now they let us ride through it.

Old 07-13-2000, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

If I've said it once, I'll say it again, The best defense against this crap is a good offense. The darn ATV manufacturers need to quit lining their pockets with profits and pay attention here. The Sierra Club does not care how they get ORV's banned, they just want them banned and they are definitely on the offensive. The ATV manufacturers need to ban together and form a national ATV association that would be similar to the NRA that would fight to protect riding rights. Guess what Polaris (and all others), how many atv's do you think you will sell next year if all public riding is ceased. I'm guessing not too many people will be forking out $5,000 - $8,000 just to ride in their back yard!!!! Liberals make me sick to my stomach.

Old 07-13-2000, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

ANOTHER GROUP IN MINNESOTA THAT IS SET UP AND TRYING TO STOP ATVING IN OUR STATE IS CALLED: MRR
THEY HAVE A WEB SITE. I FORGOT THE WEB ADDRESS. I'M SURE YOU COULD SURCH IT IF YOU WANTED TO READ THERE BULL ****! RANGERCHET

ps: THERE MRR TO THEM STANDS FOR: MINNESOTANS FOR RESPONSIBLE RECREATION. TO ME THEY ARE USING A NAME THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO USE. RANGERCHET

Old 07-13-2000, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

ps: 2 weeks ago, I finally joined: ATVAM in minnesota, since they are dedicated to keeping atving as it is in minnesota.

atvam ='s all terrain vehciles assocation of minnesota.

Old 07-13-2000, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

Rangerchet,

We need an organization like that here in Washington. Right now our club has 50 riders, we are the largest in SW Washington. There needs to be abranch in every state.

If our riding places continue to get shut down. Then new ATV purchases will decline hitting the manufacturers where it hurts in the pocket. I just hope they (the manufactureres) help us out before its too late.

A good example is the personnal watercraft industry. There sales peaked about three years ago & have been declining since. Artic Cat has even quit producing the Tigershark lineup.

Old 07-13-2000, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

Im in atlanta Georgia this week untill tomorrow, friday. Someone from minnesota, whom reads this. WHy dont you put in the web add. for atvam and maybe snowsharks group can look at it and learn how to set up a group in there state. rangerchet

Quick Reply: Sierra club visit