Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone have an extended swingarm for there scrammy 500 4x4???

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have an extended swingarm for there scrammy 500 4x4???

I do a lot of hill climbing..thats mostly all I do..I just wanted to know if anyone has extended there swingarm on a 4x4 scrammy...The one thing I'm afraid of is the swingarm will loose some of its strength...so if anyone knows any info. like strength..how they did it..if they had someone do it for them..how much it cost?? anything would be helpfull...I don't want to do it if its not worth the money or if its going to weakin my swingarm to much..or if its even a good idea for a 550 pound scrammy 4x4.

Old 03-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hot Seat sells and extended swingarm. It ain't cheap though. But, it is chromoly and stronger than the stocker

Old 03-18-2004, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

on my polaris, i went to a machine shop and got six inches of tubing and our friend welded it. It turned out nice. I didnt move my shock mount so it lowered the quad but you could move it if you wanted to.

Old 03-18-2004, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

A guy i know has a +6 AAEN chrome swingarm. I know he wants to tell it but its for a non concentric drive and i dont know whats yours is so let me know.

Old 03-19-2004, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

That really stinks..mine is a concentric drive system so it won't work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2004, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

You asked about strength, what year is your Scram?

I had a 98 the first year for concentric and I cracked my swing arm jumping it. I also read on here of a few others that cracked theirs also.

They redesigned them for 99 and up which look stronger (not sure of failures) also the shock is positioned differently since they also had more travel.

There are a few companies that make extended chromoly ones for the 400's (sand draggers) I'm pretty sure it would be a direct bolt in. Talk to them about what your looking for and they'll help you out. HTH

Old 04-03-2004, 06:18 AM
Range Rover

The swingarm I got from Hot Seat is supposed to be chromoly but my local welder says it is not, just regular tubing.

Old 04-03-2004, 08:42 AM
Trailblazer

Just wondering why Hotseat would advertize it as chromoly and sell a regular carbon steel 1 to you. They cant do that. Lots of difference between chrome and carbon. Im a boiler tube welder.....lots of xray and mirror welds. Ive welded lots of both with stick and heliarc. How do you tell what kind of steel it is? It cuts the same with a torch or cut off saw.......the sparks when grinding are the same......you do use a differnt rod thou...cant really tell the diference between the 2 when your welding them either......the only difference is the weld puddle.....its runnier than a carbon puddle but the final weld looks the same. Id say its chrome only because Hotseat says its chrome. Lota difference in prices between carbon and chrome. Hotseat has to good a reputation to be selling something that not what its supposed to be. If you welder knows how to tell the difference between the 2 by looking at them id like to know. If he welded on it what rod did he use?

Old 04-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Range Rover

Skier, I don't know, I took it to him to have him relocate the shock bracket an inch farther back and he said something about chromoly being stamped and that it was just regular. he was an oldtimer so I just believed him. I have no complaints, it is holding up good. He told me the same thing a year ago when I took a 5" in there to have the bracket moved, and I traded for this 2 1/2" and he said it again when I asked him.

Old 04-05-2004, 01:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Lift your stocker, and lift an extended Hot Seat swingarm.....they are chromoly. I've run one for a quite a few years and it served me well. Now, I have one that's even longer....and hopefully I'll be going faster with it. They have updated and strengthened the design over time. Good stuff. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hotseatperformance.com

Quick Reply: Anyone have an extended swingarm for there scrammy 500 4x4???