Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Girl drivers

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2000, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow.....congrads on choosing such a delicate topic......

heres a concept for ya....all humans are equal....just have different prioritys and views.....we are naturally problems solvers.....some may have to think a bit about that concept!

why is the woman in question considered a bad driver?.....does she wanna be there....or did ya think it would be a good idea...if someone really really wanted to do something they would, and they would do it well!.....

back to the problem solving bit.....problem?.....you want you wife or partner, (or old lady) to have fun.....stick her on a bike!.....it works for you!.....to solve the problem she rides it to make her happy (solving the problem!)....she will ride it to give maximum enjoyment!....with minimal effort (typical human nature)...if she enjoys the sport, give her another problem......

eg, problems with gearshifting, for maximum enjoyment of riding the atv
eg, riding the bike....moving round the bike to get maximum speed in the rough bits
.....with experience people become familiar with concepts (it occurs in every form of life!)....

i know you guys cringe when you see ya bikes mistreaded, they are a large investment, and a great source of you problems is self inflicted, your ability to communicate.....the way other people see you, like mudmachine said....you don't "teach people".....give them a problem.....disscuss it with them.....

when you were at school in maths, how did you learn to multiply (maybe a few years ago now!), using one illistration of the concept?....or did the teacher give you heaps and heaps of excercises?.....and then test ya at the end of the week!

sorry if the post is a bit messy, hope you see my point.....

my mother rides an atv to solve a problem......its quicker to ride than walk when getting the cows for milking....she hates hills, and will walk anywhere too steep....which is ok.....but this is an example of work related atv use

recreation, anywomen passionate about the sport that i know can ride equally as well as me....often better

...i will put anyone big enough (i believe body size (and skill) is the main factor in someones ability to ride) on my honda trx250x, who wants to ride it.....any body that asks, who i know, because really an atv ain't hard to ride, and if they fall off they run the risk of hurting themselves......

my suggestion is don't hold her back!....put yourself in her shoes

Old 07-16-2000, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

My girlfreind loves to drive, she is awesome it has taken her a while yo get used to hills and ruts,especially when she had to learn on a Sportsman, not exactly a beginner atv in terms of the huge size of the thing, but she is ready to get her own ATV, she loves the Auto tranny like my Sportsman, it makes atving allot better when the woman in your life also enjoys it as much as we do. for her it is the muddier the better and , she is always asking me "why you going so slow?"
As for woman drivers being bad wow I rode with a couple yesterday and d*mn the one on the 1998 Xplorer 400 can make allot of men rethink just
how good they might think they are. I encourage women to atv. Thank god for the auto tranny when it comes to anyone new to atving, it is hard to over rev or lug the machine around when it is ALWAYS in the right gear.

Old 07-16-2000, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

Oh boy i start runnning now and fast He He.

Old 07-16-2000, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

Mudmachine-you need to come out with a "video vixens of mud" tape! I just got a new camera. May need some help with directing. How far is Kilogre? This will probably get deleted :-(.

Old 07-16-2000, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

I usally let the wife ride the Honda, while I ride the Scrambler, but she likes the auto trans and the speed. She's less dangerous on an ATV than she is on the street in a car... She doesn't have a cell phone or mascara or lipstick...
Oh, yeah she'll love this post...

Old 07-16-2000, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

I just got my wife a new trail boss 325 in April, so she is pretty new to riding. We were down at Wayne National Forest and she was getting pretty daring on the hills and ruts and she went up a wicked hill too fast and rolled it back on herself. She ended up with a bruised elbow and the atv ended up with bent handlebars and a broken brake handle. She rode the rest of the weekend, but she was very slow and kinda scared of the hills. She was getting better on the hills again toward the end, but was still a little scared.

I got her into atving for because its easier for me to spend money and time on these things when she participates.

As for a good machine for a woman, the automatic 325 trail boss is a great machine. Fairly light, peppy, and easy to drive. The automatic is a must for a new rider, especially in the hills. My buddy's wife is trying to learn to ride on a new Honda Recon and she is always in the wrong gear going up hills. A couple of times she almost rolled backward down trying to find the right gear. Learning to ride is enough challenge without having to screw around with the gears. Polaris, always in the right gear. Just my thoughts.

Old 07-17-2000, 12:52 AM
Range Rover

My wife has only been riding for 2 years and now she rocks..she won the 2nd annual king of the mountian sand drags at wells hot spring dunes.400cc-500cc class on my 99 sport 400,she was the only female racer and put the whoopin on 3 other sport 400, 2 scrambler 500, and 4 honda 400ex's(poor honda guys getting beat by a polaris and a chic at the same time.)
CHECK OUT MY HIGH PERFORMANCE POLARIS PAGE
SEND IN YOU PICS AND SPECS
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/RightWay/hiperfpolaris

99 sport 400
hpd pipe
hpd muffler
hpd porting
hpd billet head
hpd girdle kit
39mm kehin pwk carb
renthal cr low bend bars
wiseco piston
hpd aggresive clutch kit
v-force reeds
k&n filter

2000 scrambler 400 2x4
prm alum. a-arm gaurds
renthal cr low bend bars
dg alum. bumper
k&n filter

Old 07-17-2000, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

I know what you mean. My friends sister had a Honda 200 type 2 and she would be going around his track and go up a hill ( That i will say my Sp500 wouldnt climb, yes it was that muddy) At the bottom their is a mudhole w/ about 4 inches of water in it and she hit it in fifth gear and then tried to go up the got her front tires on the hill and then started screaming at the i belive her words were " peice of crap Honda". So i pushed her up it and then her brother and i took the key and acted like we threw it and she went off crying