Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

4x4 will not work in reverse

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 11:21 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 will not work in reverse

I posted this last night....I went out today and pushed the over ride button, and still nothing. When I have it in 4 wheel drive and put it in reverse the awd button goes out. Has anyone else had this problem.....like I said the over ride has been byepassed....I think that is what my problem is. I need to get this fixed soon....and get the over ride working again.

Old 03-30-2004, 11:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Did you try splicing those wires together that I told you about?

Old 03-30-2004, 11:53 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

No I will try it tomorrow....I did not have time to do it today. Do you think this will fix the problem?

Old 03-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Its worth a shot. That is the way to get the 4wd to work in reverse after you override the override button. If anything, it will be done correctly for when you do find the problem (if that isnt it)

Old 03-30-2004, 11:57 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Thanks....I hope it does work.

Old 03-31-2004, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

I am next to possitive you over ride circuit is your problem

It is normal operation for the 4x4 not to work in reverse until you depress the override button.
AWD light goes out and everything.
I understand you have bypassed the circuit, my guess is something is not right there.

Old 04-01-2004, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider

I am having a simular problem. When I put it in reverse, it starts doing that " ting ting ting" sound at idle( it never did that until I gave it a bit of gas). I push in the override and it stops the ting ting ting, but just bogs down severely and will not move.

Could you explain what you talking about in the other thread that I cannot find. I need a bit of help. I really don't want to bypass the over ride. I would rather fix it. It is there for a very good reason..

Old 04-01-2004, 09:10 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I went ahead and bypassed the over ride.....And it did work. Man it sucked not having 4 wheel drive in reverse.....But now I do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Redbullssg, I don't have a clue what could be wrong with yours. BBS would know...I think. He's slick[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2004, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAJ

Redbullssg, I don't have a clue what could be wrong with yours. BBS would know...I think. He's slick[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
i dont think we should talk to bigbad anymore, he CLAIMS hes jumping ship.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] lol jk bigbad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2004, 09:26 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Yea I read about that too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. I need to see some pictures frist. Then I will beleave it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 4x4 will not work in reverse