Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Me Vs SuperBalls

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me Vs SuperBalls

Me and Him Finally got to ride today and it was a great day. We did some drag races and they were pretty even. In Accel there pretty much dead even but I pulled on him by about 3 mph on Top End. His Pred is doing 74.8 to 75.2 and My Raptor is doing 77.2 to 78.0. The Pred is a great bike though and I like it. Then Superballs was jumping and he flipped his quad all the way over and it just flew and landing back on its wheels. Didnt brake nothing and then he was doing donuts and he flew off his quad and the quad was still going and i got off my quad and ran after it and hopped on it. it was funny as He!!. But out of me and Superballs quad. My Raptor did come out on top in are drag races. Both Pavement and Dirt

Old 04-04-2004, 09:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Me Vs SuperBalls

Its good to hear that you guys finally got to race and that no one was hurt.

Now you guys can leave the forums free for real topics[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Me Vs SuperBalls

Were both stock. That meens the gearing too.

Old 04-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Me Vs SuperBalls

Both completely Stock, Stock Gearing, Stock everything

Old 04-04-2004, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Me Vs SuperBalls

Those MPH was with the wind on Pavement. then when we were with the wind on dirt the Rap was going 73 and the Pred 71

Old 04-04-2004, 11:56 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider
Default Me Vs SuperBalls

I still think thats not saying much to me.....lets see here a 660 cc vs a 500 cc.... and you only ran 3 mph faster....I'm not trying to be a pr!ck. I'm sick of hearing about a raptor....everyone likes to talk about polaris and how they are junk....but it's weird when a 500 cc can get more hp then a 660 cc stock for stock that is. I think polaris knows what they are doing. And I'm not only talking about you YRO which you was talking alot of smack the other night.....I'm talking about all the fourms. I can't say I have seen anyone on the polairs fourms talking smack about other quads.....we just sit back and [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] because we know what we have.

Old 04-04-2004, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Me Vs SuperBalls

As an added note :

A slightly worked on Raptor runs close to a YFZ 450 here at my shop . The top speeds are similar to what your findings are . I have a radar box I hand to guys who want to check speed ... (I have found most 100 mph quads don't perform well under radar , I am not sure why ~~~~:-) ~~~~ )

A good 250 R , 400EX , banshee , or a 400 polaris would have been with in a few MPH either way . It just depends what is done to them .

My neighbor kid has a pump gas ported 400 4wd scrambler .. (trail bike) He told me it would go 90 .. Under radar 78 was his top speed ... He swears the radar box is bad ...

Rick

PS--> before you go 100 you first must go 80 .

Old 04-04-2004, 11:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Me Vs SuperBalls

im not sure about the whoel 500 getting more hp then a 660....they both are just detuned alot...take a look at yamis 450...didnt they take the engine off the bike and modify it a bit and put it in the quad...which is fast the bike or quad on top end...ill be the bike...not tryin to start an arument but just pointing out the facts I guess

Old 04-05-2004, 12:08 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Me Vs SuperBalls

Originally posted by: RAJ
I still think thats not saying much to me.....lets see here a 660 cc vs a 500 cc.... and you only ran 3 mph faster....I'm not trying to be a pr!ck. I'm sick of hearing about a raptor....everyone likes to talk about polaris and how they are junk....but it's weird when a 500 cc can get more hp then a 660 cc stock for stock that is. I think polaris knows what they are doing. And I'm not only talking about you YRO which you was talking alot of smack the other night.....I'm talking about all the fourms. I can't say I have seen anyone on the polairs fourms talking smack about other quads.....we just sit back and [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] because we know what we have.
We've all heard the speech a thousand times. Superballs has 2 threads on this going in the sport quad forum as well. I heard you the first 50 times.

Yep, you know what you have. Do you have a pred???

Old 04-05-2004, 12:13 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider
Default Me Vs SuperBalls

I did a LITTLE checking before I posted this....So I would not LOOK like a Stupid A$$. They say that a predator puts out 42-45 hp and the raptor puts out 35-38 hp...