Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

pred or rappy ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004 | 09:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default pred or rappy ?

Originally posted by: Predator03

I do have to ask though...wouldn't going to a larger tire in the rear negate the drop in a tooth in the front and one in the rear?
The Klaws that he got were not much taller then his stockers, but it could be his tires that make it seem much better too.

Old 04-08-2004 | 09:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default pred or rappy ?

Hey mebcop,

Just wanted to tell you how much I thought of your post. It was lucid, well written and without any obvious bias. Too bad there weren't more like that.

Scott

doesn't hurt that I happen to agree with you either.....I'm taking my Predator out TOMORROW!!!! Gonna do a whole week at Windrock. I'm so excited...I think I'm gonna spew!!!!!....lol............

Old 04-09-2004 | 08:32 AM
Trailblazer
Default pred or rappy ?

Scott, are you flirting with me??? HAHA jk Have fun on your ride!

GE 4X4: I went to the XR650 13-tooth gear on the front, and I agree, it made a HUGE difference. I've been looking at the Kenda Klaws and I've read a TON of good reviews on them. When I was talking about wheelying being harder on the pred, it wasn't because of the lack of power, it was because of the lack of traction.

It was kinda funny, I was riding again last night with my buddy, and all I could think about was this post. I rode the rappy for a little while longer than usual, and I do see how someone could get used to it's tendancies, but not me. I'll give up the benefits that you get from weight transfer to have stability on those high speed corners. I guess I'd rather correct the back end sliding out than fight to keep the inside tires on the ground. All personal preference, and that's why you need to decide for yourself. Both are awesome bikes, but they're for different types of people. Find out what type of person you are and there's your answer. Good luck and have (safe)fun!!!!

Old 04-09-2004 | 08:35 AM
Trailblazer
Default pred or rappy ?

PS: Scott, where is Windrock??? I'm in NY, and I can't wait to trailer my quads somewhere this summer and I'm trying to figure out where to go. What kind of riding is it mostly? Are there any dunes in your area? Ok, I'll stop with the 20 questions now. Thanx.

Old 04-10-2004 | 09:05 AM
Trailblazer
Default pred or rappy ?

Why would anyone want to "get used to it" when the Predator just fits so many different sized, riding ability, and terain so well? When I bought my Predator, I rode every sport quad out there. It fit me to a "T" at 6' - 150 lbs. Ride them all, let your budget and riding style sort it out for you.

Old 04-27-2004 | 12:15 AM
Range Rover
Default pred or rappy ?

mebcop: what are you using for a tire in mud and soft surfaces?

Old 04-27-2004 | 06:25 AM
Trailblazer
Default pred or rappy ?

All I've used so far is the Razr's that came on the machine. I plan on getting different tires soon though, because I definately don't like the way that these perform. I've been told that the Kenda Klaw's are a great all around tire and I'll probably be getting a pair of those to try. I'll let you know as soon as I do.

PS- 520hp firebird??? what year? I have a 1987 firebird that I'm in the process of building and engine for. What engine are you runnin and mods??? I'm hoping to be pushing a solid 350hp, that way it will be fast and still reliable. Once you get that much power you're just asking to break something. It must be CRAZY driving yours!!!

Old 04-27-2004 | 09:27 AM
Range Rover
Default pred or rappy ?

[i]PS- 520hp firebird??? what year? I have a 1987 firebird that I'm in the process of building and engine for. What engine are you runnin and mods??? I'm hoping to be pushing a solid 350hp, that way it will be fast and still reliable. Once you get that much power you're just asking to break something. It must be CRAZY driving yours!!!
Nah, it's a pussycat. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It's a 1998 Formula WS6 with an ARE-built 422ci LS6 (out of a Z06 'vette), fully forged. Underneath it's all chromoly control arms and so is the engine cradle. Has a chromoloy roll cage inside it but still a full interior. It did have 580hp but they started doing emissions testing in this area, and I wanted to keep driving it on the street. Cats and a cam change were necessary. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Pictures and Information

Old 04-27-2004 | 09:35 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Default pred or rappy ?

Originally posted by: maddog56
Originally posted by: fidge1
Predator, thats a no brainer.... Why do you think there are rumors about the discontinuing of the raptor in 05.... Go with the predator, not only becuase I have one but becuase Iv rode yamadogs and they can not compete like the pred does
Fidge, there are no rumours, just one kid who was lied to. You never miss a chance to put down the raptor. It doesnt bother me that you are biased and refuse to see positive attributes in other machines. What does bother me is you spreading your ignorance to others.
LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

maddog56 and myself both know:

Raptor, thats a no brainer

fidge1 needs to be defrosted

Old 04-27-2004 | 10:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default pred or rappy ?

[i]Originally posted by: RAPTORYFM660rfidge1 needs to be defrosted
Too funny for words

Quick Reply: pred or rappy ?