Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The Ruby will need a larger tank to sell here..

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2000 | 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

If they won't sell up there, then send them down here!! The folks on the waiting lists will thank you.

Old 07-23-2000 | 03:48 PM
Trailblazer

A little crabby Alaskaweasel?

Old 07-24-2000 | 03:09 AM
Pro Rider

325: YUP.

Old 07-24-2000 | 09:28 AM
Pro Rider

That's not always true: that Honda always thoroughly tests everything they put out making sure it is flawless. What about the ES foremans. Read through some of your Honda forum and see what I'm talking about. I'm not bashing Honda, as I think they are good bikes. However, all manufacturers have flaws. I'd love to see Honda just do something as simple as disk brakes on the rubicon. Also, I'm not sure on their claim of being a completely sealed unit as far as the transmission goes. Maybe you can help me out. I've been wondering if it is truly sealed, but haven't been able to check for myself. Is the crankcase vented to the airbox? If it is, if the bike is ever drowned out and water fills the air box, then the transmission is shot. I personally think they should have separated the engine from the transmission so that the tranny could have been completely sealed. Since it uses the engine oil for its hydraulics, and if the engine is vented to the airbox, they're headed for trouble. I hope I'm wrong. Later!!!!

Old 07-24-2000 | 12:42 PM
Range Rover

I know when I rode with the 450es it ran out of fuel right at the truck. My quad didn't. I like the mudholes a little more than my riding buddy, so the SP500 gets more action in that respect. Not a matter of fuel economy as much as fuel capacity I think. Now the Grizzy has a good range. Not sure of the range on either the grizzly or the SP500 as I haven't seen either run out.

SP500 in NS

Old 07-24-2000 | 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

I have a question how often does someone ride more than a 100 miles in a day? I always have extra gas but its at the truck.

Old 07-24-2000 | 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

Walexa, the Rubicon's transmission is sealed, it's inside the engine cases. If water would happen to get it, Honda said the tranny will still function with water in the oil. So, the piston will seize up before the transmission will have any problems. Hope this helps.

Old 07-24-2000 | 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

I can answer question on 500sp gas from personal experience.We got 20-22on the 98&99,we are getting 25on the new ones,this is filling at station.You say what you want but I feel better with over 5 gallons of gas than I would with 3 or what ever.We rarely have ever gone over 70 miles in a day but if,n I need it I like haveing it there.Our usual trip will be 20-40 miles per day and them are good days as we head for the radical stuff,top speed has nothing to do with what we do.Just yesterday at noon we had gone a whole total of 11.9 miles,and everyone was ready for a break.I rode with Honda,KAWA,Yamaha.I hate to hurt anyones feeling but one of the dependabile HONDAS was what we had to go get truck and haul out back to camp.I'm not one to bash anyones quad,but this just shows you they all are not invinceable.I had to pull one of the KAWs over the top of KINGSTON PEAK because of his jetting.The peak is over 12,00ft so air is thin.The whole bunch had trouble keeping up with Poopsiee and I because of the better ride of the SP.There were many comments as to how our wheels were on the ground more and we weren't doing the bouncing that the others were.My brother was also here with two other guy's one KAW PRAIRE and two HONDU'S same thing they had hard time staying with us.Take a look see at these pic's has some of what we were in over weekend.just copy and paste. CM

http://real.photopoint.com/jerryspar...thandcanyon.ht

Old 07-24-2000 | 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

Tim1, I am buying a ruby and I plan on installing twin 15 gallon tanks . . . one on each rack! That way I can go all day like you do on your sp500.

Old 07-24-2000 | 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

The Rubicon has two oil drain plugs. Do you know why?

Quick Reply: The Ruby will need a larger tank to sell here..