Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Are Polaris' Really THAT Bad???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are Polaris' Really THAT Bad???

i hate it when people talk down on what i own.... but no, Polaris' arnt bad...

Old 04-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 5 Polaris's and would not go to any other brand!!! I have had alot of Honda's in the past and they were all good bikes but now I am truely hooked on Polaris and there equipment!!

Chris

Old 04-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Range Rover

Opinions are like a--holes, everybody has one and thinks that what comes out doesn't stink, but all others do think it stinks. Like them, dislike them, hate them, you will have that with every different brand of atv, motorcycle, car, truck, beer everything has it's loyal fans and hated enemies. You just choose for yourself what is good, but try not to listen to the people who just don't like Polaris's because they are Polaris's, just like the people who hate Ford's cause they're Ford's. Those people are simple and not intelligent enough to be open minded about things and give things another chance. You choose from experience in life and you will make intelligent choices, choose from prejudice and heresay and you will be making decisions like all the other lazy low class idiots out there. I happen to like them, just as I like the Yamaha Raptor and YZF, along with many other atv's. Hey I don't care if you're riding one made in Iraq, at least you are on one and joining the rest of us in an incredible passtime and sport.

Old 04-20-2004, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah! They're pure CRAP! That's why I bought two Sportsman within about 45 days of one another. I love to waste my hard earned cash on junk machinery! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2004, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

I disagree with you that EVERYONE says that polaris's are crap! The only crap is in the other riders pants when past, pulled or pushed by a polaris. Just to think I spent all that quality riding time riding my piece of CRAP while those people sat in front of the CPU. Who cares what anybody says! I don't-just go ride and have fun, that's what it's all about!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2004, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Well, this is a lil story for ya!

A friend of mine that I ride with asked a few years ago to go with some friends of his trail riding, all of them dirt bike riders and moto cross racers. I have been trail riding for some years. When they saw what I was riding they all seemed quiet. We were in Leota, Michigan and were on our way down the first section of trail. They all took off in front of me and went like hell, came to the first stop sign and they all stop withme right behind them, they continued on and stopped at the next sign looked back and went right on. For the next few stop signs we did this. When we stopped for a break they all asked me what I did to this to make it so quik. Only a pipe and clutch. They then told me that every time they have ridden with quads they alway have to wait up for them, didn't matter if they were a banshee, or 250r, experienced racer, or just an experienced rider, they alway are waiting. They were just all so impressed that I was right on their rear tire. In fact, when we came up to a berm I would have to hammer the breaks so I wouldn't ride up the guys tire in front of me. They all said exactly what they had heard for people that have no idea, that POLARIS' are crappy!?

I have never been rode up on by another quad on the trail, usually, I ride up on them and pressure them til they pull off. I have never seen another Polaris on the trail either, I know they are out there!! I have not had any problems that required me to shell out some money,,,, opps, I replaced a couple belts.

Two of the older riders were thinking of getting a quad, and they were so impressed with my scrambler that they went out and bought sports. I have had no other quad better or funner in the trail, that is that!!!

I think that dumbazzez say that because of the "auto" tranny, which they don't know is that it is the same as every snowmobile out there. It is just like a sled in the trail! The TB's are a bit slow compaired to any quad, but the fun factor is still there in the trail. You have nothing to think about but the throttle the brake and the trail. You can't beat a Sportsman, or any Polaris when it comes to 4x4, and that is that!!!! There is video to prove that!!!

Old 04-21-2004, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

All my friends gave crap about gettin a Polaris, till we went on our first ride. Ever since then, they have been a lot more open minded. The first time we hit the mud holes, and they saw the Polaris cruise over the high spots, where the other quad with less ground clearence would get caught up, they said it was just too easy for me. I have other friends say that they are scared of having a belt, but I have never had problems w/ my belt getting wet, and I have friends with Hondamatics. They regret getting the Honda autos. I dont care what other ppl say. If they ask me, Ill give my honest opinion. I try to stay away from brand bashing, b/c I know most all quads made today are good bikes, and if the rider likes it, then good. There is no need in bashing another brand over what you have heard.

Old 04-21-2004, 05:01 AM
Pro Rider

I have a Sportsman 500, and a Prairie 700. The only difference is my Prairie has spent 4 WEEKS in the shop! Don't get me wrong, I love my Prairie, but to all those Polaris bashers, get real. The other brands aren't immune to mechanical failure. I couldn't care less what other people say anyway. I'll always have a Sportsman parked in my garage, and hopefully a Predator someday, too.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

I'm on my 2nd Trailblazer. My cousin really wanted a quad so I gave him a really good deal on my 02. And other then acceleration and top speed, I can do everything better on my auto 250 then my friends do on thier Raptors, EX's, Warriors, and Z's. Stuff like tricky, rocky, technical trails, tight, slimey climbs through the trees, and a lot more comfortable ride on all-day (as in ALL DAY) trail rides. In fact, the guy on the Warrior wants more leg room and a softer seat after just a few hours, but I don't trade with him. And in mud, they all (as in ALL) get stuck following my ruts. Or even if they don't follow my ruts they still get stuck. And I yell back "That's right, Polaris sucks!!" and then I'll go help them. Usually. Then they still knock the Tblazer, even after first hand witnessing of how it out performed their quads that cost twice as much. All I can think of they feel threatened and need to be on the offensive[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Anyway, I beat on my 02 for a year, then my cousin raced it for a year and a half, and all we ever replaced were the rear brake pads, but that was a recall and was done for free. Other than that, no problems at all. I think people decide to go fter the auto so they feel good about what they bought, even though they truly know they have a lesser quad...

Old 04-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

Just going on my personal experience, my riding buddy with a predator hasn't really had that many problems. And he got the first one into the dealership when the 03's came out. Mostly just popping and electrical problems.

Quick Reply: Are Polaris' Really THAT Bad???