Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Base gasket leak.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004 | 01:24 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Base gasket leak.....

My 2002 scrambler 400 4x4 blew up I thought I leaned it out to far but after further Investagation the base gasket blew out it looked liked it was put on crooked from the factory has any one else had this problem????I took it to the dealer he said the base gasket did not cause this.I still have the gasket and it clearly shows the problem...so what plan of action should I take..if any

Thanks

Old 04-27-2004 | 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

After you replace it be sure to re-torque the base and head bolts after you run it a while or the same thimg will happen again.

Old 04-27-2004 | 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Been there, had that, It happend to me because of jumping and the to motor mount broke off causing the motor to move around. i have also heard of this as a problem as you add horsepower. the jug can shift.That is why HPD and aaen make a girdle kit with there cool heads.
but if you are just going to replace the gasket and piston ,make sure that you check those nuts that hold the jug on. retorque them offen if you ride hard and or jump

Good luck
matt

Old 04-27-2004 | 04:57 PM
|
Trailblazer

What's funny about this is when I first got my atv it was damp around the base of the jug took it in and the mech said it was a vent hose hanging down I let it go but it was always damp there so I think that has had a small leak since the atv was new....I am still learning