Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HMF full exhaust system vs. Big Gun full exhaust system/for pred

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 12:24 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HMF full exhaust system vs. Big Gun full exhaust system/for pred

I definitly want the whole package looks and power.

Old 05-04-2004, 01:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider

HPD's potential for producing reliable power was proven with the 400 2-stroke Polaris motor. Those of us who have the 15.5:1 compression screamers, know, and trust their designs. Buy the bling factor if you want....often times, it's a waste.

Have a nut.

Old 05-04-2004, 02:14 AM
Trailblazer

I wasnt saying im all about the "bling factor" but i do want something that looks nice and if others are saying it looks cheaply made.. it may not be the pipe for me thats all.. havnt got a chance to look at the silencer yet so it could just be others opinions. ill definitly look more into it.
thanks for replys

Old 05-04-2004, 10:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

couple of my friends ride with the hmf, very happy with it , but loud.

Old 05-04-2004, 11:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

When I was getting a pipe, Doug told me this.....the wb/pure pipe is the best pipe for the money, and the "best" pipe for performance is the HPD pipe......I realize he may not know a whole lot to some of you, but to me, I look up to him because he has proven himself to me and he has tested everything on the pred....and the last time I checked, I think the only ones he sold are pure, hpd, and yoshi(he said same as pure, but has a head pipe)

Old 05-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

i wouldnt say the hpd pipe looks cheap but it does look simple. i have one and it is great. i have run the wb also, the hpd is much better on the top end and nothing lost on the bottom end. it realy hepls the 558 kit breath. the pipe can handle any mods u put on the quad. u are able to grow with the hpd pipe, it wont restrict your mods as u biuld up your quad.

Old 05-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

i know people who run the big gun on thier 03 preds and love the power. i run the pro circiut t4 tip and header. a little pricey but it looks sounds and runs awsome. to me the t4 set up is the bling bling of pipes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2004, 05:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Don't know about what looks good, but if you want performance, and I don't see why you would buy a pipe for looks instead of performance, but the HPD pipe is going to give the best gains, and as said previously...you can build your quad and keep the same pipe.

Old 05-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

I think that what they're trying to say Brad is that they want an exhaust that looks as good as it performs. All the exhausts listed on this thread are quality products, and produce hp gains. Some just do it and LOOK better to boot. I understand that you think the HPD exhaust is the best thing since sliced bread, but not everyone else is going to share your opinion..... Some of us want an exhaust that performs, and doesn't look like it was just slapped together in a hurry. I have nothing against HPD as a company. In fact I know very little about them. What I do know is that they have a very sloppily designed looking exhaust. All I'm saying is that for the cash they expect you to shell out they could've done more to make it look better.

Old 05-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

i agree wit flynbryan. if i am going to pay 450$ on a header and tip then it better look good and perform good. and thats the way i feel about big gun and pro circiut. theylook and perform good. just my 3 cents

Quick Reply: HMF full exhaust system vs. Big Gun full exhaust system/for pred