Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HMF full exhaust system vs. Big Gun full exhaust system/for pred

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HMF full exhaust system vs. Big Gun full exhaust system/for pred

I guess I don't see what looks so bad about hpd's pipe, the only difference is the head pipe is stainless......by the way, they now have the pipe in a new "trail quiet" package.....show me what a nice pipe looks like.....I guess I am about performance, not bling bling.....nothing will perform as good as the hpd pipe, maybe close, but not as good.....so when I get the money, hpd it is for me.

Old 05-05-2004, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

look at the t4 brushed aluminum tip. thats bling bling and pro circiut also prides the bling bling performance to go along w/ it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Can you send a link so I can see it?? I have no idea who even makes this pipe....

Old 05-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Trailblazer

I think that what they're trying to say Brad is that they want an exhaust that looks as good as it performs. All the exhausts listed on this thread are quality products, and produce hp gains. Some just do it and LOOK better to boot.
thats what i was trying to say exactly

Old 05-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

bradracer18 you can see the t4 pipes on onlineparts.com

Old 05-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The HPD price is warranted by the extensive amount of flowbench time invested to gain the breathing capabilities. Brad, as you and I know, Doug tests the Pred each and every day for 3+ hours. HPD and Nicholas work quite closely with each other....that's why this last weekends Monkey Butt drags yielded them a ton of 1st place trophies.

Run what you want, bling looks good on the trailer......and often times, that's where it spends most of it's time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2004, 02:25 AM
Trailblazer

so any word yet on the hp that thing adds? hmf says 8 and looks great as well......just wondering[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2004, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bready04
so any word yet on the hp that thing adds? hmf says 8 and looks great as well......just wondering[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thats what I question too Bready04..... If this thing is so great guys, why not post some #'s??? I understand you guys think that this is a great product, but what proof is this company providing that its any better than anything else available? All the other manufacturers have no problem posting numbers.

Modquad I understand your standpoint on the price of the unit, and if they offered just a slip-on version I maybe interested, but I still haven't seen anything that shows me why I would buy this exhaust other than you guys telling me how great "you" think it is..... I want proof! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Fair enough isn't it?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2004, 01:14 AM
Trailblazer

Not trying to be a wiseguy but how come when talk of numbers comeup for the HPD pipe all the "HPD people" dont comment on it?

Old 05-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The reason HP numbers haven't been discussed with the HPD unit is because they've been working on getting direct engine dyno fixtures adapted to the Pred motor. There are an incredible number of variables with chassis dynos. They're gearing up to directly dyno the motor.

I never have understood the Pro Circuit followers. Their gear repeatedly looses in dyno shootouts, and it's always louder than most of the gear out there. If you want bling, and less hp, isn't it much cheaper to head over to Harbor freight and buy a $69 buffer?

Quick Reply: HMF full exhaust system vs. Big Gun full exhaust system/for pred