Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

new pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 12:33 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new pipe

i got my new pipe for my scrambler today a nice hpd pipe. boy these things are hard find. i called 5 or 6 places before i found mine. but iam glad i got it the money was worth it. and it is not that loud. iam happy with the gains it gave i can tell it a faster bike

Old 05-08-2004, 12:36 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new pipe

Best to deal with HPD from the phone.

Old 05-08-2004, 12:41 AM
Trailblazer
Default new pipe

they had it on back order. thats why i had to call 5 or 6 places because everybody had it on back order. but i found one. worth it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Default new pipe

This may start a war on here .............but ............what made you choose an HPD pipe for your Scrammy?

Old 05-08-2004, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer
Default new pipe

reading on here and i talked to Rick he said it was the best one of the best pipes. then Big Bad Scrambler kinda convinced me. and all that chrome. is that a good answer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2004, 01:11 AM
Quad Patrol
Default new pipe

Ggood enough.I looked around and tossed the ideas of a bunch of differant ones before I went with the WB.$$$$ is what kept me away from HPD.REally want a Aaen but it was too pricey too.Had good luck with SuperTrapp but couldnt find the one that fit my 500 except from them. Like what I ended up with but the clutching is where the REAL power is on these things.And before you go with the HPD kit talk to Ritter he is like me and dont think you need the high engagment with the 500HO.Oh by the way I like the chrome too.Wish I had more.

Old 05-08-2004, 01:27 AM
Trailblazer
Default new pipe

i am thinking about buying a clutch kit because my bike is stock except for the pipe.wonted to see how the pipe wouild affect the bike frist.them i would try and decide on a clutch kit read on here that some people just bought springs.the take off on my bike is faster nowi know because i run my bikea certain distence and it gained 4mph now it is running 62mph. i only went about 5 lightpoles.i think if i let it top out and take off my airbox snorkal it would run close to 70mph. it ran 65mph before i bought my pipe.

Old 05-08-2004, 01:32 AM
Quad Patrol
Default new pipe

You arent going to get much more speed because of gearing.And you dont want to run without an air box lid because it is vacum opperated.(need the airbox kit) O your clutching start off with a Polaris white primary and either a HPD violet or Aaen blue set at 2-2.If you want to drop some $$$$$$ get you a TEAM secondary from HPD and a white or green primary spring.

Old 05-08-2004, 01:44 AM
Trailblazer
Default new pipe

i keep the lid on just take off the black air snorkel thing. i do alot of trail riding and love going through mud and crossing creeks. the only thing i think i will do is get a k&n and put in my jet that came with my pipe.and get some springs or maybe a clutch kit. i will be fine funing 70mph or at least for now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] thanks for your time

Old 05-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default new pipe

It will run even better with the new jet in there too. The aggressive clutch kit from HPD does have a high engagement, but I kinda like it. Instant wheelies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The air box mod from them too is a great piece. Better throttle response and more power[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: new pipe