Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ouch!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ouch!

Im glad I always wear a helmet, today it saved me alot of hurt. I was turning around a berm and punched it like always to slide the rear around and it grabed! Front end came off ground and lost steering for a second and that was enough to catch the front right tire on a tree. It all happend so fast, my scrambler stopped instantly, i was going only like 10-15, it was a blur. My head bounced off the steering and my front tire lost its bead on the rim(unfixable flat in the field) I bit my tung, and my jaw is a little sore. Again this happend so fast. I hate to think if I didn't have a helmet on. We did get it fixed but we had to take it off and drive it about 20 min. and re seal it and air it up.

As for the rest of the day there were 4 scramblers, 2 4x4 400's, a 2x4 400, and my 500 scrambler, and one sp700. My 2004 kept up with the other 4x4 400s, and they both had the hot seat speed kits. Mine was faster off the line and they had just a little more top end, but for the most part we were right next to each other until mine toped out and then they would take the lead.

Old 05-08-2004, 11:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default ouch!

Glad to hear you are OK. It makes you wonder why some people just refuse to wear their helment. Goes to show that the scram is a tough machine wich only the tire comeing off the bead[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] So overall are you happy with the mods that you have so far? How is that violet spring working out for you?

Old 05-09-2004, 12:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ouch!

i did that same thing with my pred last summer... except i ending up driving up the tree then having that tank fall back on me.
like BBS said... i dont see how some people DONT wear helmets... too many stories like this should scare people into wearing them.

Old 05-09-2004, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default ouch!

BBS I like the setup I have right now. The violet secondary fixed all the sloppyness at the mid to upper range. Like I said it was better out of the hole then the 2 two strokes that have full hotseat speed kits, and stayed in the lead by 2 bike lenths, until mine hit top speed and then they took the lead. This was on pavement incase you were wondering. Mine now does wheelies with no effort at all. I don't even have to pull. I just need to get used to the extra power so I don't have anymore accidents.

Incase any one is interested the total for my settup came to:
White bros. exaust : 175
chain tensioner: 55
Primary and secondary: 50 with shipping!
K&N filter : 35

for a total of : $315

Well worth it!!

Old 05-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default ouch!

Ya, glad your ok!! I wear my helmet for the mostpart...only time I don't is if I'm just putting around the yard..but whenever I really ride...helmet goes on