Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ported tb carb

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ported tb carb

2manytoys
that setup sounds great can you tell me what kind of roller clutch you have? I've got Darrell at HPD
testing the Team roller clutch for my reed conversion. I'm waiting for his results.
I just posted pics of my quad with its NEW look in the members gallery.

Old 05-12-2004, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default ported tb carb

Well let me tell ya something. Ther is no problem with the 34. Have it on the stroker and it runs like a bat of .........for the money get a used 34 and you will be happy.........reed conversion that are done by Dennis beats all stock 400's

Old 05-12-2004, 09:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ported tb carb

The 34mm off of the scrammy is an OK carb if you can tune it. They tend to have a lean midrange and have caused problems for many running other than stock machines. A hard aggressive rider wont have the problem such as the casual rider spending a lot of time at part throttle. Personally in my opinion a flatslide carb is the only way to go. Actually a PWK Keihin is the carb of my choice. The response cannot get better that that. They are also very user friendly.

Old 05-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default ported tb carb

I wanted the team secondary but I dont know anyone that is running one so I bought the AAEN action roller kit. It definately works better than the friction clutch. You can feel the power difference.
BTW the quad looks awsome. I really like the factory effex graphics.

Old 05-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default ported tb carb

wait a sec here back the truck up. im not talkin about the race mod reed conversion just the standard race mod. and thats basically what i have except i only need 93 octane not 100. dennis's trail port is closer to a race port than others trail ports so if u it makes any difference i will change it to trail mod not race mod. and u never said wether bubba race ported your jug. im not saying if i can keep with a 400 or not since i dont have a carb, reeds or re geared yet. but eventually i will once i get a good job to work over the summer then the money will come for more mods. i only ride wiht one 400 and thats a express which i understand is not quite as hot as a scrammy???? jw i dont know. and BTW 2many if u wanted i know that dennis has a race mod reed converted hpd jug and head that he would sell cheap since he dosnt want it. and his 12 mm stroker combined with a 300 jug will put u up to a 340 CC. its not done yet but it will be sweet. and im sorry if i pissed off anyone that wasnt my intention. dennis is milling my head .25, and i have a high flow filter. and again im sorry if i pissed anyone off that truly wasnt my intention.

Race Mod Kit

Beat a 400 Sport with your 250 Trail Blazer!

The total kit price completed will save you money too.
Race Mod Porting- mines almost a race port
Bore Cylinder 1 Size-i have this
Wiseco Forged Piston- yes
Race Mod Head- not quite 100 octane to much money
Pipe with Muffler- yes but a little different
Gasket Kit- yes
(Head & Base)
Clutch Kit (CK2RM1) - soon, i just havnt ordered it yet.

Old 05-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default ported tb carb

oh ya how much did it run u for the roller action kit? and are the flatslide carbs that are listed in dennis kirk compatible with a 250? or should i just get the hpd carb? or is the hotseat better?

Old 05-13-2004, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default ported tb carb

Originally posted by: Bubba297
The 34mm off of the scrammy is an OK carb if you can tune it. They tend to have a lean midrange and have caused problems for many running other than stock machines. A hard aggressive rider wont have the problem such as the casual rider spending a lot of time at part throttle. Personally in my opinion a flatslide carb is the only way to go. Actually a PWK Keihin is the carb of my choice. The response cannot get better that that. They are also very user friendly.
I totally agree.....

Old 05-13-2004, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default ported tb carb

I was just meaning that the 34 would be perfect for him.

Old 05-13-2004, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default ported tb carb

Originally posted by: 1fastpolaris
I was just meaning that the 34 would be perfect for him.
me or tb sleeper or both? also dennis told me that i would only be able to get the wheels up a little bit with the hpd red. well what the he!! every one else wiht a trail ported tb can pop them easy is he just sayin that or what? i want it to wheelie!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2004, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default ported tb carb

oh ya im gonna run a 165 in the summer and a 170 in the winter and i was wondering how to adjust my needle.

Quick Reply: ported tb carb