Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ported tb carb

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ported tb carb

i havnt even got my jug back but im gonna start to research more power now. what would be better, the 35 mm carb from hotseat or hpd or a 34 mm carb from a 400? im gonna ask for this for a b-day present so the more expensive one is ok.

Old 05-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ported tb carb

well technically the 35 from hotseat is better but for the value i would try to get ur hands on a scrammy carb like i am in the process of[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-10-2004, 09:50 PM
Range Rover
Default ported tb carb

the 35mm is a flatslide carb(better flow more response), the carb on my scrambler was a 32 i thought i could be wrong, it's a dinky lil thing though, but any way i orderd the 38mm from hotseat SAT for my scrammy

Old 05-11-2004, 12:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default ported tb carb

Whatever you do dont go with the 34mm scrammy carb. It is just not responsive. You need to get a flatside to get better bottom end. You will also play hell trying to jet the 34mm with your mods. Oh and you cant have a race mod without race porting and you need alot of other things to make it a race mod.

Old 05-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Range Rover
Default ported tb carb

Ya been there done that ![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ported tb carb

so u guys saying the scrammy carb isnt worth it? i would like to know i might be getting one soon!

Old 05-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Range Rover
Default ported tb carb

i wouldnt recamend it.

Old 05-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default ported tb carb

well unless u have had bubba race port your jug and u havnt said so yet. then stop tellin ppl u have a 42 hp stage five cuz u dont (unless bubba has race ported it since then and if he has i apologize) the stage 5 is race porting and produces 42 hp with a 38 mm carb and trail porting is 39 hp with a 38 mm. and i just spoke with dennis and he said that he has tried a 35 mm hpd carb and it didnt run as well as a 34 mm the way he sets it up and that his stuff smoke hpds in races. and u asked him what he would cosider my port and he said its his trail port that he dosnt know how to explain it and what i understood was that its more of a race port by others standards. so more or less im close to the hpd race mod so let me be happy and call it that lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. and 2many if u have had your jug race ported i apalogize for what ive said i just wanted to point out that fact. and i think i will go with the 34 mm carb when it comes time and i will go with what dennis sugests for jetting. when i asked him wether to go with the 35 mm he said no its not worth it since the 34 will run better. when properly set up.

Old 05-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default ported tb carb

and by the way what other things do u think i need for a race mod? i looked and theres nothing else on hpds site.

Old 05-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default ported tb carb

First off the HPD race mod consists of a reed conversion, race pipe, race port, race mod head(high comp), airfilter mod, Flatside carb, full agressive clutch kit running high octane fuel. Well you dont have the reed conv, race pipe, flatside carb, race port, high octane fuel. This is alot of hp that you are missing. I do have a few other goodies under the seat that I have not mentioned and that I am working on. Also the 34mm roundslide will NEVER perform like a flatslide carb. It is impossable. A roundslide lets too much back pressure back through the airbox. A flatslide is much more responsive and does not allow as much backpressure through. Porting is different with everyone.MAybe he has found the right jetting but it wilnot perform like a flatslide. Do you really think you can keep up with a 400?

As for my setup I am running the AAEN top end pipe, 36mm pwk carb, porting by Bubba, Milled .030, bored.020, Race lightened flywheel with starter removed, clamp on airfilter, high comp piston, roller action clutch kit also running 100+ octane fuel. The flywheel makes a huge difference in response. Roller clutch kit gets the HP to the wheels. The piston is a high comp piston that is the workings of the local machine shop that deals with Polaris around here. I am also working on a Banshee reed conversion on a jug that I got off of ebay. This setup will have the girdle kit along with Race porting and the rest of the mods that I have. This will easily push my 250 over 45hp. I am going to get every last bit of HP out of this 250 that is possable. I am not here to get into a pissing match with anyone. I am here to help and also to learn. I have been here a while and have been through the same that you are going through. I have learned alot . You cant say your TB is like the HPD race mod. If you ever had the chance to try one you will see a huge difference in performance compaired to yours. There is no comparison. I am a mechanic by trade and I build things for a living. I like to try different things. Sure I could have spent the $1400 on the HPD race mod but you really cant go anywhere from there. I took it further and am building something that can beat a race mod 250. At best you have a mild trail mod bike. But even then you are missing some importent parts. There is alot of things that you can still do to make it much faster than it is now.

Quick Reply: ported tb carb