Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Watch CBS evening news tonight 5/13/04

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBS evening news tonight 5/13/04

Watch CBS evening news tonight. Hot topic about kids and ATV's. First people magazine was gripping and now I guess CBS is going to get on the band wagon. I'm all about child safety. But I think it should be a height/weight decision to what cc a child should be able to ride. Kind of like they do at six flags and other theme parks. You cant ride a certain ride unless your 42'' or above. Age has nothing to do with it.

Old 05-13-2004, 03:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Watch CBS evening news tonight 5/13/04

Thanks for the info Dog.....geez, I feel like Randy Jackson from American Idol. dog, dog, dog. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Range Rover

theres a kid in my neighborhood thats like i dunno almost 5' tall he ride s a banshee .... i think cbs needs to come over here and tell him wassup [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and then ill show off to camera crew w000t

Old 05-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

sorry i will be watching the lakers beat the spurs

Old 05-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

The lakers Shaquille O'Neal is averaging 27.5 points and 14.3 rebounds in this series and is dominating Spurs center Rasho Nesterovic. Even worse for San Antonio, he is shooting nearly 68 percent from the floor in the series and registered a total of 12 blocks in the two wins. Yet I'm still pulling for the Spurs.

Old 05-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

lol,you guys think short ppl should ride certain machines?i know a guy thats about 5ft tall that rides a yz250 dirtbike,he cant touch the ground with either feet..when we ride in the sand pits he spins the back wheel till it sinks in enough so he can touch..

Old 05-13-2004, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: watzupdog
The lakers Shaquille O'Neal is averaging 27.5 points and 14.3 rebounds in this series and is dominating Spurs center Rasho Nesterovic. Even worse for San Antonio, he is shooting nearly 68 percent from the floor in the series and registered a total of 12 blocks in the two wins. Yet I'm still pulling for the Spurs.
i'm sorry.

Old 05-13-2004, 05:30 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I will try and watch and who threw the spur into the lake[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2004, 01:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider

There's another segment Friday night. I really got a kick out of the parents who lost their son. They repeatedly stated that "there should've been a law". They were referring to a law which would forbid younger children from riding full-size quads. They showed the full-sized Arctic Cat quad which their 10 year old son died on. Out riding alone. Basically, it was an commercial to how really stupid some parents are. Do they REALLY need a law telling them to use common sense? Do they REALLY need a law telling them how to read the easily legible warning decals which each and every ATV manufacturer has plastered all over the quads? What they need a law for is to instruct negligant parents on how they shouldn't be letting their children ride quads which are clearly too big for their children. They also need a law telling negligent parents that it isn't o.k. to use ATV's as babysitters. I feel very bad for the son who was lost due to two grown adults not having a lick of common sense. May God rest his soul, and somehow help the grieving parents to see the light of their error.

I have to give CBS some credit for making sure to show the easily understandable warning stickers, and also for covering the currently available training.

Old 05-14-2004, 01:31 AM
Range Rover

I totally agree with you. It's like the gun thing.....atv's don't kill people, people do! In this instant I'm not saying the parents killed their son, but their ignorance surely had a big part in it. How many of us can honestly say that at one time or another that they never seen a parent let a small child ride a full size quad only to remark " Hey would you look at that? That's my boy. He rides Daddy's bike now!" or a parent bragging to his buddies how his/her kid is riding a full size quad by themselves. When is the madness gonna stop? When are people gonna come to their senses and realize that THEY as parents have the responsibility to look after their children,protect them, and teach the kids responsibility and not the damn government. Do we not have enough restrictions placed upon us already?
On another note, I too am deeply sympothetic to the relatives and friends who mourn the loss of a child who undoubtably touched their lives in many ways and was deeply loved. My prayers go out to him and his family.

Quick Reply: Watch CBS evening news tonight 5/13/04