Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2 predator lube questions!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 03:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 predator lube questions!

I was using Suzuki chain wax. That stuff was messy as hell. Got all over the swingarm and made it look like black tar all over it. I totally agree with Ken. Once you start using the TriFlow, the chain stays really clean. In fact, so does every other place the stuff touches. Its clear so you dont even see it if you were to overspray. I also lube my chain after every wash.

Old 05-17-2004, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

Since the Preddy comes with an sealed o-ring chain, I don't see the advantage other than rust prevention to using any chain lube.

Especially if you're running in sand, any of the chain waxes and other sticky lubes are just a magent to keep sand stuck to your chain. I now use my 1/2 empty can of Maxima Chain Wax to start fires in the shop wood stove.

Simple WD-40 (or tri-flow if you're a big bucks making writer for ATV sport) works fine, and it really helps if you use an actuall 3-sided bristle chain brush to apply it so you're not spraying half the can on your swing-arm.

Old 05-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

there is nothing wrong with the polaris brand oil. in reality all synthetic brand oil is just about the same and wouldnt be able to tell the diff. i run meijer brand semi synthetic oil in my 89 olds 98, that has 187,000 miles and i have no leaks and when i drain the oil after 3000 miles its not burnt or ne thing. we all know meijer dont make it. so theres nothing wrong with useing polaris oil. only thing is price.

Old 05-17-2004, 06:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Heapster
(or tri-flow if you're a big bucks making writer for ATV sport)

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

who could that be? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2004, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer

hey Heapster..nice predators. How does that pure polaris/white brothers pipe work out for you? I was looking into purchasing one soon.

Old 05-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Ah yes, I remember my first trip to da dunes. Up early in the morning, and lubing my chain. A very polite group from the neighboring campsite kindly instructed me to wipe it all off. Yup, nothing like looking like a rookie. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The beauty of the Tri-flow is that no matter what messy wax type lube you used to use. Just start using Tri-flow regularily, and the chain will rid itself of the mess. No fuss, no muss. I'm, uh, kinda startin' to feel like the Martha Stewart of quads.....hmmm, convicted felon, maybe that was a poor choice. I know who'll be wearing the pants in that cell. Doh!

Old 05-17-2004, 10:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol... imma try some tri flow for sure... because after usin simple green like you said a while back i was able to get rid off all the mess my old chain lube made... now i wanna keep it clean...

got any good ideas for getting the stains out my white plastic martha... i mean modquad?

Old 05-18-2004, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ThePredator
hey Heapster..nice predators. How does that pure polaris/white brothers pipe work out for you? I was looking into purchasing one soon.
Welcome to the forums nice to see a pred neighbor near by.........................

Old 05-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

W/B pipe is one of the best ones out there IMHO.........

Just rode Preddy #2 last night that still has the stock exhaust, and the W/B has soooooo much more power. Stock is quite doggy in comparison.

W/B is pretty quiet still with 8 disks, gives you a very noticable power increase, and its much much quieter than any of the "open pipe" style like HMF, Big Gun or LRD...........sure they may make a bit more power than the W/B, but you'll also be over 100db with any of the race pipes.

I like more power but only if it doesn't **** off everyone within 5 miles......

Old 05-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

5 miles...
when i ride my yfz with my HMF... which is over 100db... after about 1/2 mile i can barely be heard...

Quick Reply: 2 predator lube questions!