Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Whats the loudest pipe for a 250 trailblazer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the loudest pipe for a 250 trailblazer?

No it probably won't hurt anything, but performace could acctually be worse by adding a pipe.

By adding performace Items you are changing the powerband of the bike.
For example
Stock your bikes powerband maximum power is about 38hp,
You hit that between 5750 and 6000 rpm
With a CVT you want your bike at max HP through the entire shift out for best performance and effenency. Your factory clutching is set to work here and WILL NOT CHANGE by adding power.

Piped your bikes powerband maximum power is about 46.5 hp
You hit that between 6250 and 6500 rpm. But with stock clutching your are still going through shift out between 5750 and 6000 at about 40hp. You lose almost 7 hp due to improper clutching.

Also note engagement.
You will most likely lose some bottom end power with your new pipe.
A piped 400 does not produce more power until ABOUT 5000 RPM
Everything under that you are produceing LESS than stock.
So if you engagement is at the same rpm, then your stock machine will be more powerful until your reach 5000 RPM.

Clutching is probably the MOST important thing over everything else. With out it everything else is a waste.
This is kind of a hard consept to describe, and as I said earlier, get your self the AAEN clutch tuning hand book, it will greatly help you understand how the cvt works.

Old 06-06-2004, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

THANX for the help, i really appreciate it.

Old 06-06-2004, 02:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

the only bad thing with hpd is they will blow your engine faster cause of the stuff getting in the easier and their design. hotseat is about the best pipe for power you will get and it is really loud

Old 06-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

What are you basing that info on?

Why would the exhaust effect what gets into the motor?

Old 06-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

I would definatley go with the HPD pipe if you want performance. Why the heck do you want loud? Loud isn't always better and most of the time it will get you in trouble if you do woods riding or ride where people hate 4wheelers. Does FMF make a pipe for the TB? All there pipes are usually loud and you get no better performance...heck it might even make your quad work worse. Good luck though.

Old 06-07-2004, 03:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

i am basing that info my my past experience of rebuilding engines with hpd pipes. i am a dealer of polaris atvs. most of them get things into it through the exuhast port not into the intake. the pipe will give you a 7 horsepower increase and it gives you to top and midrange power. i have a hotseat pipe on my fourwheeler with a hot seat clutch kit and i can play with the 400 and 500s on the flats.

Old 06-07-2004, 03:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DeanRossSnow
i am basing that info my my past experience of rebuilding engines with hpd pipes. i am a dealer of polaris atvs. most of them get things into it through the exuhast port not into the intake. the pipe will give you a 7 horsepower increase and it gives you to top and midrange power. i have a hotseat pipe on my fourwheeler with a hot seat clutch kit and i can play with the 400 and 500s on the flats.
LOL. I don't even know where to begin with this kid (BigNig #2)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler

LOL. I don't even know where to begin with this kid (BigNig #2)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hey, 15 and a Polaris dealer. Judging by his sig, I'd say you're right!

Old 06-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DeanRossSnow
my names ross snow im 15 yrs old i have a trail blazer 250 with more mods than you will ever see on one. the picutes i have dont have alot of the stuff on it that i have done to it .
i a afraid to say that most of your mods are bolt ons considering all that u have is a speed kit. i have the stage one mid to top, polaris brown primary, polaris gold secondary, jete sprockets 12 tooth front, jt sprockets 38 tooth rear(i could pull a 34 if i wanted), parts unlimited chain, hpd chain tensioner, i have az bad boyz trail porting but its closer to a race port, i have a wiseco piston(.020) milled head(.020, dirt devil rear tires, kenda klaw front tires, moose halogen light kit, epi grips. thats wath mroe than yours and each and everything i have has a purlose not just to look good like yours bignig, ummm wait i mean DeanRossSnow sorry

Old 06-07-2004, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guys this is bignig!!!! he changed his name because every1 made fun of him so he came back from teh dead wit pics that dont even show any pipe on it!!! and changed his sig so we wouldnt think hes retarded.

Quick Reply: Whats the loudest pipe for a 250 trailblazer?