Predator 500 vs. Z400

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 11:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator 500 vs. Z400

Originally posted by: jsyi
Originally posted by: scrambler123
A friend of mine has a Z with just a pipe and cams and he has never lost to a predator. In 300ft he beats preds with the pure polaris slip on by 3-4 lenghts i've seen this at least 20 times. the closest i've seen a pred to him is 2 lengths it had a full pipe no air box and a 90 pound rider. My brother in law has a Z with a pipe, rev box, fcr40, intake cam, he beats piped predators by 5 lengths up boxcar and by even more in the flats
A pipe and cam....my point exactly in my prior post. We could do the same w/ a 400ex..... Put a pipe and cams on a Predator and I'll bet my house that you wouldnt be anywhere near me.

And for those of you mentioning that a Z w/ pipe, cam, filter, and carb can beat a Pred....NO ****!! ARE YOU GUYS STUPID? Think about how much of an a$$ whooping the Z would get if you modded the Pred the same? Geez some of you guys are just plain flat out stupid. Basically what you guys are saying is that a Ford Ranger w/ intake, cams, exhaust.....and crap can take on a SVT Lightning?!! Ya makes a whole bunch of sense. Stop speaking your nonsense and pull your head out of your a$$'. I dont think anyone would want to spend all that money on the Ranger when they could just go out and get a Lightning!

Im not saying a Z is a POS. Cuz I dont think that at all. Im just speaking about power and speed. You guys in here seem like the typical Dirt Wheel's subscribers and I bet most of you guys could write a review or two for em....this is what I picture seeing as a future heading to an article on the cover "Bone Stock Predator Gets Spanked By A Turbocharged, Nitrous Squirting Z440!!!!" YA GET REAL GUYS.

um... calm down there a little the guy asked what the 2 quads were like in comparison, so ppl are tellin him what it takes for a z to beat a pred, letting him know how much faster a pred is.. they arent saying it for no purpose.

Old 06-01-2004, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Karnage
Originally posted by: jsyi
A friend of mine has a Z with just a pipe and cams and he has never lost to a predator. In 300ft he beats preds with the pure polaris slip on by 3-4 lenghts i've seen this at least 20 times. the closest i've seen a pred to him is 2 lengths it had a full pipe no air box and a 90 pound rider. My brother in law has a Z with a pipe, rev box, fcr40, intake cam, he beats piped predators by 5 lengths up boxcar and by even more in the flats
A pipe and cam....my point exactly in my prior post. We could do the same w/ a 400ex..... Put a pipe and cams on a Predator and I'll bet my house that you wouldnt be anywhere near me.

And for those of you mentioning that a Z w/ pipe, cam, filter, and carb can beat a Pred....NO ****!! ARE YOU GUYS STUPID? Think about how much of an a$$ whooping the Z would get if you modded the Pred the same? Geez some of you guys are just plain flat out stupid. Basically what you guys are saying is that a Ford Ranger w/ intake, cams, exhaust.....and crap can take on a SVT Lightning?!! Ya makes a whole bunch of sense. Stop speaking your nonsense and pull your head out of your a$$'. I dont think anyone would want to spend all that money on the Ranger when they could just go out and get a Lightning!

Im not saying a Z is a POS. Cuz I dont think that at all. Im just speaking about power and speed. You guys in here seem like the typical Dirt Wheel's subscribers and I bet most of you guys could write a review or two for em....this is what I picture seeing as a future heading to an article on the cover "Bone Stock Predator Gets Spanked By A Turbocharged, Nitrous Squirting Z440!!!!" YA GET REAL GUYS.

um... calm down there a little the guy asked what the 2 quads were like in comparison, so ppl are tellin him what it takes for a z to beat a pred, letting him know how much faster a pred is.. they arent saying it for no purpose.
Im calm alright.....just pisses me off when we have a bunch of Dirt Wheels groupies jumping on the bandwagon.....particularly the ones that dont own a Predator or Z...

Old 06-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Range Rover

aight then.. ill agree that DW is a pos mag, it sucks for info its so wrong and if people dont know anything about the quads they probably shouldnt be saying they know exactly what its like.

Old 06-02-2004, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

I'm the one you got mad at and I'm not a "dirt wheels groupie" I'm just telling you what I have seen.

Old 06-02-2004, 02:42 AM
Trailblazer

A scrambler 400 will beat a z 400? Thought I read that in a previous post...

Old 06-02-2004, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

stock and stock the scrambler gets killed but the scrambler will be faster when both are modified.

Old 06-02-2004, 04:07 AM
Pro Rider

stock and stock the scrambler gets killed but the scrambler will be faster when both are modified.
PLEASE...I BET YOU. LETS NOT COMPARE 4 STROKES AGAINST 2 STROKES....A MODDED BANSHEE WILL KILL ALL. END OF STORY. ENOUGH FROM THE DW LOVERS.

Old 06-02-2004, 04:19 AM
Pro Rider

I dont own either, but if I could get the preddy for $100 more than the Z. I would get the preddy. JMHO

Old 06-02-2004, 07:42 AM
Pro Rider

I don't own either one but I am more partial to the Z. I like the Z more but from what I've seen the Predator is consistantly faster on the drags, no doubt!

Old 06-02-2004, 08:26 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JCee
A scrambler 400 will beat a z 400? Thought I read that in a previous post...
You did read that.......I bet ya mine will. Been there done that WHO'S NEXT!!!! LOL I did beat a Z and mine still had the 4x4 at that time.

Quick Reply: Predator 500 vs. Z400