Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

:) Revisited

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :) Revisited

Wew! Finally got my camera back from the authorities. Kinda funny, they were all wearing Air Force style Nomex flightsuits. I couldn't quite make out the patches on their arms. It was something secret, not Skunk Works though, but definitely something different. They know who I am, so I'm not sure if I'm gonna get a pick of it for a while.....I'll have to see.

When it did stop for the refuel, I did notice some suspension that I hadn't seen before. That, and a lot of carbon fiber. Then poof! It was gone in a cloud of thunder.

Old 06-07-2004, 09:55 PM
EAB
Pro Rider

So this is how you got your post count up so high Ken.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

after researching i have found this:

Nomex= Advanced thermal technology was born more than 30 years ago when DuPont scientists created a fiber with an extraordinary combination of high-performance heat- and flame-resistant properties, as well as superior textile characteristics. DuPont's family of NOMEX® fiber products provides outstanding heat and flame resistance and offers excellent textile properties. Applications include filters, industrial coated fabrics, etc., etc.NOMEX® is also used for electrical insulation in both paper and pressboard forms, where its inherent dielectric strength, mechanical toughness and thermal stability provide high reliability in the most demanding applications

In both fiber and sheet forms, NOMEX® helps people and materials to perform, even in highly aggressive environments.

could skunk works be related: Skunk works is also used to refer to projects undertaken by engineers without the knowledge or approval of company management. Famous examples of successful skunk works include the porting of Linux to the IBM S/390 series of mainframes.

skunk works, meaning a semi-official project team that is tacitly licensed to bend the rules and think outside the box.

Old 06-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

oooo crap u know when u look at that all those parts were coated in something so i was thinking again and the shocks are light, so maybe they made teh whole frame out of aluminum because i was reading more of that coating and it says they use it to coat hot services to keep teh temp down so maybe they coated teh whole frame to keep the heat of the aluminum down becasue a all aluminum frames heats up real easy!!
In the automotive industry, NOMEX® sheet structures are used as heat shields, as well as insulation shields for spark plug leads. Other under-the hood applications where NOMEX® provides value include flexible, high-temperature hoses, such as those feeding hot air to inlet manifolds.

When NOMEX® is used inside automobiles, engine bays are protected from overheating, radiator hoses from bursting, and windshield wipers from failing, even in the most inclement weather conditions.

Stiff, thin NOMEX® sheet structures are used to make extremely strong, yet lightweight honeycomb sandwich composite structures found in aircraft parts such as tail-fins, engine nacelles and helicopter blades. NOMEX® honeycomb is also used in the construction of boats to provide buoyancy that enhances speed. For more than 30 years, the transportation industry has embraced NOMEX® honeycomb for its unrivalled strength-to-weight ratio, which provides vital cost-effective benefits like energy savings and payload increases.

Old 06-07-2004, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Sway bar? New Shocks? Hmmmm?

Old 06-07-2004, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

....the plot thickens....hmmmm.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2004, 11:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

mod quad....tell us if we are guessing right...you have seen it...and I guess the obivouse question is...what was it on? predator...scrammy...what?

Old 06-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

if your talking about the fox float shox, they're old news

Old 06-07-2004, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, all this can't be over those shocks....

He knows something.

Old 06-07-2004, 11:20 PM
Range Rover

Ok... I promised myself I wouldnt get caught up in this but now I have got to know!!!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: :) Revisited