Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The 800 "is" coming!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 800 "is" coming!!!!

obviously weight has it's pro's and con's, just imagine if it did weigh a 100lbs less. if i could sell my scrambler i would like to get myself on one of those EFI's or one of those brute forces.

Old 06-21-2004, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: polaris5610
The 700 EFI is the second fastest big bore on take off and THE fastest on topend. So really that weight isn't hurtin them to bad, plus it handels rides muds and pulls better than just about everything out there.....
What are you smokin?????? It is not the fastest on the topend! There is nowhere that says a SP700efi is the fastest topend utility quad. The Kawa 700 prairie is the fastest holeshot and topend of all utility big bores out there, bar none. I ride with a guy who sold his regular sp700 for a sp700efi, and we have raced a few times. While the sp700 is probably the 2nd fastest utility bike, there is no comparison against the kawa 700 in holeshot and topend. I blow him away in the holeshot and the top end!!!!!!! All the reports and test have shown this to be true as well. So, please, if you are going to give "so called facts" out, at least make them believable!.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2004, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

Thats true, but Kawi's big bores are not well known for topend speed. They are great on take off but are usally at the bottom of the topend list....
And where do you get that kawa big bores are not well known for topend speed????????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I guess you don't follow the GNCC utility mod and stock racing???????? Opinions are like a$$holes............everyone's got one, but some just talk a bunch of crap.

Old 06-23-2004, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: proXpilot
i think polaris should worry more about putting there sportsmans on a diet, there over 100lbs hevier than the competition, they would be alot faster if they were lighter, for every 7 lbs you take off you get 1 hp, and for every pound of rotating mass is like taking off something like 10 lbs 10 pounds of weight. thats like 15 hp they are missing out on.
are you on crack???? think about what your saying! just think!

Old 06-23-2004, 01:28 PM
Range Rover

ok.... i thought and your right i was wrong , acctually it i's just the opposite for every 1 pound of rotating mass is like removing 7 lbs of stationary mass, and for removing ten pounds of stationary mass is the equivalint of adding one HP, so if they got rid of the 100 lbs the machine would perform like it had 10 more hp. theres not much you can do about the rotating mass on the sprtsman unless you lightend the whole 4x4 drive system, but then it will not be as strong, and that brings us right back to weight having it's pro's and con's. but. thanks for being a douche bag about it and pointing that out for me.

Old 06-23-2004, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

LOL ok you want facts. Now this is when the big bores first came out, BUT not much has changed. I know the Kawi 700 isn't very much faster on topend than the old 650 and the 700 EFI is almost the same with the old 700 twin with just a little more up top and a hole lot more on the bottom. The 700 EFI as reported by Dirt Wheels said it was the second fastest on take off. Polaris did change up some things to get that. The 700 EFI's topend is about 3 MPH higher than the 700 Twin which was the fastest in topend but slowest in take off. Now it's second fastest take off highest topend. Now I love the Kawi's great lowend power but when it comes to the up top it is lacking....

We can call it a tie because you have the fastest take off and I have the fastest topend.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ATV Mag big bore test (2002)

Old 06-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

LOL ok you want facts. Now this is when the big bores first came out, BUT not much has changed. I know the Kawi 700 isn't very much faster on topend than the old 650 and the 700 EFI is almost the same with the old 700 twin with just a little more up top and a hole lot more on the bottom. The 700 EFI as reported by Dirt Wheels said it was the second fastest on take off. Polaris did change up some things to get that. The 700 EFI's topend is about 3 MPH higher than the 700 Twin which was the fastest in topend but slowest in take off. Now it's second fastest take off highest topend. Now I love the Kawi's great lowend power but when it comes to the up top it is lacking....

We can call it a tie because you have the fastest take off and I have the fastest topend.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ATV Mag big bore test (2002)
That may have been true with the 650, but the 700 is better on the top end. Check out the GNCC drag times of the big bores. The kawa700 was the fastest in hole shot and top end, then followed by the polaris EFI and then the griz. Based on what they said, the polaris EFI and the griz were closer than the kawa and the polaris EFI.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: proXpilot
ok.... i thought and your right i was wrong , acctually it i's just the opposite for every 1 pound of rotating mass is like removing 7 lbs of stationary mass, and for removing ten pounds of stationary mass is the equivalint of adding one HP, so if they got rid of the 100 lbs the machine would perform like it had 10 more hp. theres not much you can do about the rotating mass on the sprtsman unless you lightend the whole 4x4 drive system, but then it will not be as strong, and that brings us right back to weight having it's pro's and con's. but. thanks for being a douche bag about it and pointing that out for me.
now thot sounds better!

Old 06-24-2004, 03:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Ah who cares. Pick your fave and go ride. Personally, I'll take a 700 EFI American made Sportsman. Just my choice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2004, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: modquad
Ah who cares. Pick your fave and go ride. Personally, I'll take a 700 EFI American made Sportsman. Just my choice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Funny you should say that Polaris is american made. Talk to your dealer, or better yet, talk to the parts division and they will tell you that it is american made, but they have the parts manufractured in china. Then they are shipped back to the states for assembly. My friends 700efi has the words "made in china" on one of the engine parts......go figure.

Quick Reply: The 800 "is" coming!!!!