Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

calling all scrambler 400 two stroke owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 10:54 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default calling all scrambler 400 two stroke owners

i just whated to know how u guys liked your bikes because i kindy like em, and mabe consider one some time, but whats the power like compared to a 400ex or raptor, im talking like a piped up and clutch modded polaris 400, and i was really wondering about the suspention is it soft and cushy ( i here its nice and cushy for trail) , basically the ups and down u like about it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]thanks

Old 06-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

I love my scrammy 400. It handles everything I throw at it. It really shines when the trails get muddy and ground clearance is a must. Most of the jap quads will just bottom out in a rut and get stuck. While the scrammy will just go right on through. Today I went riding with a buddy of mine who owns a 300ex. Lets just say he has a lot harder time in the mud. And I have plenty of it where I live. It has great power also. I can beat 400exs all the time in drag races, not just stock ones either. And the suspension is pretty good. I upgraded the fronts right away to the fox struts and they helped soak up the bumps a little bit more. Good luck with your decesion.

Old 06-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

As far as power compared to a STOCK 400EX and STOCK Raptor, A properly piped/clutched 400 would easily out power them. The ride is very cushy for trail riding. and if you go with 4x4 it is an outstanding Do EVERYTHING bike.

As for Negatives, The biggest one is exactly that, BIG, as in big size and big weight. If you like to be able to throw the bike around then the 400 scrambler is not for you. They weight in at around 500 lbs and there big size makes them a handfull on tight windy trails. At the end of the day you will be worn out but your smile will be ear to ear.

Old 06-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

my express is only 2 wheel but it goes good right now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and once i finish the mods it will be great

Old 06-10-2004, 11:36 PM
Range Rover

The Scrambler 400 is almost an ideal machine except as bubbasacrambler said its a lil on the heavy side. Ive ridden one in the trails for about 3 hours i didnt have much trouble with it its a blast and it can definately play with the stock raptors and some of the high performance machines. One of my friends has a modded Sport 400 (practically the same as the Scrambler) an he can open a can on a predator!!

Old 06-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

My son and I really like the 400 4x4 scrambler that we have and I wouldn't trade it for any other atv out there. I debated for awhile on which one to get 400 or 500. I knew sooner or later I would be adding mods to it and thats what made me decide on the 400 2 stroke instead of the 500 4 stroke. It is a great riding quad for having a straight axle. It's not as plush as our 500ho Sportsman but it rides very nice. We had a yamaha warrior before and the suspenion on it wasn't even close to the suspenion on the Scrambler. But the reason I sold the warrior was that we needed another 4x4 because I was tired of pulling him out after he got stuck so many times. He liked the sportiness of the warrior and the scrambler was the only thing with 4x4 that was sporty and could be made to have much more power. I personally like the sound of a 2 stroke and it reminds me of when I was riding dirt bikes many moons ago.

Old 06-11-2004, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i heard this somewhere and dont know if its true but here i got "a $10,000 scrammy could beat a $20,000 raptor" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-11-2004, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

I love mine, pretty much stock for now but thats about to change. I think its very powerful, i was surprized with its stock power. Then again I dont have much experiance with and on sport quads.

Old 06-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have two 400 sports which is the predecessor to the scrambler. If you do enough mods clear through to alcohol not many atvs can compete with you. Weight is not an issue if you have enough HP.

Old 06-11-2004, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

They definatly have a ton of potential! Drag racers are catching on. Cheap, easy, speed!!! I have been telling freinds that a 400 with a little mods and a little bit of money can stomp their Raptors, and modded banshees. Well, it was proven a couple of weeks ago when we all were at silver lake, MI. A dirty 400 sport that looked stock was taunting me to race at the drag strip, we all lined them up and he smoked us all. Tore us the Fu@& up!!! He had about 500 bucks worth of mods done to it and was beating piped and lightly ported banshees, Raptors, etc... a true sleeper...

Quick Reply: calling all scrambler 400 two stroke owners