Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sympathy???

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2000, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been posting here off and on for a few months. The first thing I noticed is that any Polaris problem was due to the fact that Polaris is junk and that is the way it is. Even when people would post their problems hoping to get help, someone would comment that the Polaris owner should have bought a Honda, and then bash Polaris reliabilty. Anyway, my point is that there are not many Rubicons out yet but there are many post in this forum and others about problems with the Rubicon. However, I haven't seen one Polaris Rider bash or make light of the problems the Rubicon owners are experiencing. Maybe, it is because many of us know what it is like to own a $7000 headache. Maybe it is just sympathy.

Greg

I just wanted to point this out.

Old 08-10-2000, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

May want to re-check the posts in the Honda forum. ATVING had a not-so-helpful post. Is that the kind of non-contributory post you are referring to?

Old 08-10-2000, 11:18 AM
Trailblazer

I think most of us have sympathy for our fellow riders because most of us have been there. Its a bummer when your out on the trail and one of your buds wheelers (no matter what brand) goes down and has to get worked on or towed back.

Most of the threads here start out with intelligent questions or information and then some idiot starts something and then people get defensive and an all out war begins.

I think the key is not to fuel the fire when these idiots spew forth their wise remarks.

Old 08-10-2000, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

i ride with other people with varied brands,we all have problems like getting stuck,break downs,rollovers,etc.. who ever is closest with the winch will pull the other out,we make fun of eachother not because one ride is better or worse,all in good fun..i dont care what you ride lets ride and have fun..sympathy ,yeah i have sympathy for anyone that spends 5-7 thousand dollars and has problems..sucks to pay for something then not be able to use it..i had problems with my polaris,belt and tranny,i didnt bash the brand only the way they stood behind the product..after enough griping they helped me out..needless to say i traded my magnum and got the exp 425..not because its better but that was my preference..im still a happy polaris owner

Old 08-10-2000, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

Sympathy?? Whats happens is the same few people whether its Honda or Polaris riders seem to always throw "gasoline" onto the fire to start the bashing.

It would or does suck to spend any amount of money on a quad & then to have it break down. If I break my quad thats different, but if the manufacturer knowingly release a quad with defects then thats unforgivable.

I also ride with other brands of quads, you know when we are riding, there is never any bashing. Now you will catch a little heck from the others as they pull you out a mud hole. Its never abusive like I have seen in these forums.

I don't care who I ride with, as long as we ride.

Old 08-10-2000, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

Oooops forgot one thing, the Polaris & Honda forums are the two most interesting on this web site.

Old 08-10-2000, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

The most interesting thing about this thread is that Greg has started it - we all know he's never stirred anything up, yeah right!

Old 08-10-2000, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

I guess the problem with the forums as compared to actually riding with people is that most of us don't know each other, and in addition to that we can see each other laughing as we type in a smart remark. We always rib each other about whose machine is the best when we are riding. But, it is all in fun and help each other out all the time. Texaswarrior and I had words a few months ago in the Honda Forum, because we didn't know each other and he took me serious when I was joking. We ended up riding together and had a great time. At least when it comes to me, Iy I offend you (Rancheres) let me know. I know I joke around alot and sometimes people take it serious. However with regard to this post, I don't bash other bikes when someone has a problem with it. If I reply at all, I try to offer advise. And, I try to help regardless of what you ride. If you lived close to me, I would probably even volunteer to help you fix your bike in my shop next to the other 2 bikes I am repairing now that don't belong to me.

Greg

Old 08-10-2000, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

It would suck to pay 7 grand for troubles, but it goes with the sport. ATV's take a beating, they will need repair at some point. how it is driven and ridden plays a huge part in how it will last.
And taken care of. And the way people take care of them varys greatly, my friend he has a new Kawasaki. got it last fall he has never changed to oil, or washed it, he beats that poor thing , ungodly. It has been in the shop 5 times since new. would I now bash Kawasaki? nope bash him yup LOL
I want all atvs to run good makes for more riding partners.

Old 08-10-2000, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

In response to this post I have to agree with the others. Hey if it means anything the neighbors I drive with have Polaris. Heck like I care who or what rides with me! Im the type who see's it as the more the merrier! It's just too bad where we are at about the only riding partner I can find is my little brother.....So all of you out there whom have friend'S (emphasize on the plural) feel lucky cause you could be like me riding around with only 1 or MAYBE 2 other people. BUT we still have fun and thats ALL that matters. Everyone......Ride on
Hey if there's anyone that rides in Wisconsin my family is taking a trip there and it would be awesome to hook up with more people! Later guys!

Quick Reply: Sympathy???