Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

heeeeeeelp!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heeeeeeelp!!!!!!

ok i whent out to go ride yesterday i let the pred warm up for about 4-5 minutes then i took off when i hit about 4th gear all most wide opened. then it just shut off and backfired. i then noticed i had no power to anything. i herd a cilinoid open and shut about every few minutes and it was coming from the left hand side just above and a little in front and above of the battery in a little rubber seald container with a red wire going in and then out. after a while my nutral light came on it fired right up. so i think cool im set i put it in 1st and let the cluch out slow and then it dies. then it repeats like that for a while. the same thing. no power for a while then power comes back and as soon as i get it into 1st it kills the power. what is wrong. i cant figure it out. i even put my stock cdi on and it did the same. thanks for any help![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2004, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default heeeeeeelp!!!!!!

The selonoid is probably bad. This happened to a fella I raced with. He just had to jump the selonoid till he could get a new one. Probably your problem.

Old 07-14-2004, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default heeeeeeelp!!!!!!

then why does it run fine until i put it into gear and then let go of the clutch. and what does that selonoid do?

Old 07-15-2004, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default heeeeeeelp!!!!!!

i fixed the problem and it was the +wire going to the temp light that was grounding. now i can go back to living my life again.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]