Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Big Big Problem--need electrical help--limp mode

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Big Problem--need electrical help--limp mode

Got a problem guys---been playing with my clutch and now I cant get my machine out of limp mode--tried both reset procedures for early 2003 and late 2003-2004, and neither will shut the light off ot take out of limp mode--I presently have the clutch cover off and the switch seems to be working, closed circuit in off position and open circuit when lever is tripped by belt--I even tried bypassing the belt switch and nothing seems to work. Gettin real frustratin---anyone got any suggestions??? Does anyone think its possible to totally bypass the limp mode stage??? Does anyone know what limp mode is actually doing??(is it retarding timing???)

Any suggestions would be appreciated---This wasnt a problem until I put my clutch cover back on and forgot to plug in the two wire belt plug---after plugging it in I cant seem to get it working--HEEEEEEELP

Old 11-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

Ferget this thread--although it may help someone in the future---the 5 amp fuse right next to the battery is for the limp mode----it was totally smoked---replaced it and bike running fine btw--I am waiting for a new comet clutch to arrive---i will post on the results

Old 11-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Help, I got the same problem but the 5amp fuse is good. Ive been on several forums looking for answers but no one seem to be able to help. This thing is in constant limp mode with the belt light flashing. Talked to a kaw tech and they suggested CDI after the reset procedures didn't work. Where does the belt signal come from? It still blinks the same with the CDI unplugged, and the controller unplugged. During the reset procedure, the lights blink 15 times then skip a beat then start blinking again and never stop. I really need help on this one.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Range Rover

Had the same problem myself. Turned out it was a bad CDI (aka ignitor).