Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

got beat by a blaster!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default got beat by a blaster!!

u heard it, i got beat by a blaster with a pipe, filter and i think it might have had reeds but maybe not. also i still havent blocked the oil or put the new gearing on so i no wheni go back i will beat him. so heres how it went we would ride up next to each other on the trail look at each other then gun it from about a 20-25 mph start he would hit about 4th or 5th and would pull ahead then around when he was hitting 6th i would come back up on him then when he pinned it in 6th he was about 10-15 feet ahead. when he was behind me he said he was at half throttle in 6th and he was right up my a$$. so im wondering wen i put the new sprockets on and block the oil i willbeat him right? also i was doing 55.9 on packed dirt was my top speed according to the trailtech

Old 07-18-2004, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beat by a blaster! ha! Just stay making excuses. You should have kicked his a$$ first time round. Go back and win your respect back.Good Luck! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

he also weighs about 50 pounds more. and wat do u drive??

Old 07-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

There alot of mods that blaster can have anif thry don't tell you what they are you will never know. I don't think just what you aree talking about will make you beat him. The oil blockoff dosen't add power. The gearing depending on witch way you go may hurt your accelration or hurt your top speed. I tolk mine racing this weekend cause my Pred is down right now warrety work no biggy. It was fun but there were no blasters in front of me on the holeshoot. but then we don't get to compltely wide open by the end. So right now I have a quicker quad then them but with my setup they would kill me on top speed. Don't fret losing to him next time go from a standing start an have a shorter run where he dosn't hit top speed.

Old 07-18-2004, 06:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Blasters are very quick in stock form and it dont take much to make them even faster. But you have to think of the size and weight difference of the blaster and Trailblazer. Huge difference! If you can keep up with it then you are doing good. If you can beat it then even better. Stock the blaster will do about 60mph. Not far from a warrior. Put on a pipe and different reeds then it can spank a warrior. Unless you spend big bucks the trailblazer just cant compete against some of the other smaller quads.

Old 07-18-2004, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

well im going to 12/34 gearing so that will give it more top end right???

Old 07-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

dude, you got a trailblazer, what do u expect??

Old 07-18-2004, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

dude u got a blaster wat do u expect?

Old 07-18-2004, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tbsleeper
dude u got a blaster wat do u expect?
race a stock blaster, and a stock trailblazer, well youll see what i mean.

Old 07-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

why does everyone gotta hate on the blaster, especially when the name of this thread is, "got beat by a blaster", im sure your next post will be, got beat by a blaster AGAIN!!"

Quick Reply: got beat by a blaster!!