Old 08-06-2004, 02:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris EFI or Suzuki fule injection

Originally posted by: Stuzilla
Originally posted by: WileyCoyote
Originally posted by: Rawzon
Ones American and the other is crap.
What brand uses an archaic two-valve, push-rod motor?
I know the Sportsman Twins use two valves per cylinder, just plain OHV (pushrods) but don't the single cylinder models by Polaris use a 4 valve engine? I know the Predator does, DOHC, but I'm not sure about the other singles like in the 500 HO, etc. I haven't checked into them that much.

But I will say this, from my personal experience, the archaic two-valve push-rod setup is quite reliable. Maybe not the best for performance, but it will last. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
The 500 HO is a 4 valve SOHC

Old 08-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Oh, and BTW. Just because Nissan SAYS the Titan has the highest tow rating, that doesnt mean squat! Getting the load going is not the problem, but getting it stopped SAFELY is the problem. Personally, I would not want 9500lbs behind me in a Titan!!!! Try doing a search in the Toy Haulers forum on the Titan. You will see what I mean. It aint all cracked up to what they say it is.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Range Rover

rockrider i agree with you 100 percent. i beleive just about all honads, kawasakis, yamahas and suzukis are made here in the USA. my rancher was made in california

Old 08-06-2004, 03:25 PM
Trailblazer

That may be true. But then again, even if they are made in the USA, guess who gets the money. Some company over in Japan. Buy a Polaris and who gets the money? A company here in Minnesota. My personal preferance, I'd rather give my money to a company in the USA over a company in Japan.

Oh, and isn't the Predator engine also made by Fuji Engines, in Japan??? Just curious.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: WileyCoyote
Originally posted by: Rawzon
Ones American and the other is crap.
What brand uses an archaic two-valve, push-rod motor?

I love my Sportsman, and will buy another, but let's be real here.
The SP700EFI makes 50.75HP at the crank, the new BF750 makes 51HP at the crank. Not bad for a dated engine uh? I would go as far to say if Polaris used the same weak rims and tires as well as the thin drivetrain as the Jap quads they would out run them. The 740lbs 700 already beats the Yamaha Grizz, take off a few more pounds and it could get the Kawi's too.

Old 08-06-2004, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, we all know the Predator and SP500 use a more sophisticated 4 valve motor, but as someone here correctly pointed out, they're Fuji motors. The mighty 700 is Polaris' flagship machine, yet its technology is dated from the start. Sure, it's reliable and has good performance, but for the money could it have better performance?

When using the word "crap", here's some issues that come to mind: the driveline noise and slop that the 700 is now famous for, the rear-wheel-only engine braking, the leaking water pump covers, the leaking carb boots, the recall on the SP600 carbs, the chrome wheels that peeled right away, or the problematic EFI fuel pumps. All these issues are current, or quite recent.

I'm not here to bash Polaris. That would make me a hypocrit since I proudly own one. I entered this debate because some here want to call Japanese brands "crap" while hailing the American product. Don't forget, it was the consumers who held Polaris accountable in the past for its sloppy quality control. Polaris responded with better machines and better quality. But they've still got some catching up to do, and I expect them to continue their improvement.

Old 08-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the Nissan Titan is too dangerous to pull 9500lbs, then how is a dodge 3500 single cab rated for 16,500lbs????? hmmmmmm. The nissan is about 5500lbs dry weight and the dodge single cab 3500 is about 5000lbs dry weight. So, you see that when a trailer weight reaches a certain weight, then there is no truck that can stop it very good without trailer breaks. And as far as jap crap......I have 1 dodge ram quad cab 4x4 ram 2001 (current truck), two ford trucks, 1 chevy truck, 1 mazda truck, 1 nissan truck, 1 ford car, and 2 nissan 280z's. Of all of them, the nissan has the best quality. I love my dodge, but I have already had the tranny fixed, breaks done 2 times, and tune-up all before 51,000 miles. On one of the ford trucks, the motor locked up and the chevy blew a head gasket at 28,000 miles. The nissan truck had 148,000 miles before I had to rebuild the clutch. We all work hard for our money, so why be loyal to coorprate america when they are not putting out quality, but yet the big CEO's want more of your money and less pay to the employees????? I BELIEVE THAT AMERICA IS THE BEST COUNTRY BAR NONE, but I am tired of the greed of the "big wigs" and the "cut corners" mentallity. And, by the way,.........kawasaki, suzuki, honda, and yamaha are all built here. Thus, that is jobs for americans.

Old 08-06-2004, 05:34 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry if im too 'pro-american' i will only buy American vehicles (I work for Ford) and buy american toys, now im not going to say that every part is american, but the company is owned and operated in the good ol' u s of a. and that means a lot, maybe not to younger kids but when you start getting older and you see your job going over seas becuase someone is making your product cheaper and not just cost wise, but quality wise... so people can keep buying thier suzukis and their toyotas.. and they can go work for mcdonalds becuase at this rate that'll be considered a good job.

Old 08-06-2004, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sorry but Toyota is the 4th largest car maker. Look here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider

1 ton trucks are made for towing heavy loads. You have to figure other factors in as well, such as the braking system, axels, gear ratios, tire load ratings, suspension, and so on. Like I said, this has been covered in the toy haulers forum. Try doing a search on it.

Quick Reply: Polaris EFI or Suzuki fule injection