Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

05 Predator, Polaris stuck a sock in it!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 05 Predator, Polaris stuck a sock in it!

hey i don't think they'll raise the price on the pred took the same demo ride they said to keep the wheels on the ground ,sucked liked the machine , good feel to it but they do need to loose some weight .
If they would lighten it up with the HP they got it would be a killer and surely destroy all yamahas and hondas ..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2004, 01:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just home from the long day at the party. Gotta give a HUGE hats off to the Polaris folks who took the risk and put this event on. Getting there before the gates opened to do some finishing display things....you could see the anticipation on the employee's faces. I kept telling them that the old saying "If you build it they will come", well, they built many of them....AND THEY ALL CAME! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Starting off the day with the National Anthem....followed by 4 Air Force A-10's buzzing the place at not much more than tree-top level (not once by twice), the day was off and running.

The guys running the Predator demo insisted that I take both the TLD and the reg Pred through the paces. The rachet shifting is smooth as butter on both machines....but the close ratio trans on the TLD is THE BEST trans experience I've ever had on a quad. PERIOD! The new spring and shock combo on the TLD is dead nuts on target. The flattened seat posture, and the 1" handlebar rise polishes off the ergos perfectly. Anyone who is looking for a reliable, top notch bang for the buck, out of the box ready to race, eye catching looks, smooth, predictable, and an all around blast to ride machine........hmmm, what else could I add to this run-on sentence of cliche's? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The machine is now perfect.

Oh, did I tell you they're going to be selling Ohlins shocks through Pure Polaris. Red, white, and blue plastic....along with orange, black and silver. They're even offering a nifty Trailtech made Predator billet clamp and bars.

Old 07-25-2004, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

The luck I had with my 03, it will be awhile before Polaris convinces me to have a product from them. The predator and the Genesis watercraft were expensive mistakes for me. How bout that Ron Bills? What comes around goes around.............just like I said. Meanwhile, Ill spend my $$$$ on Bombardier or Yamaha.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I hope the rest of you all do well with them. Good luck.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2004, 09:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

all i have to say is that new Pred sounds like one top-notch ATV!

what a BLAST!

i enjoyed my '04 Pred but always wished for reverse..when will dealers have these in stock?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2004, 12:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Then you can be like my bud down the street, brand new 800 Rev....Lunched motor.

Or, you can be like Pudljumper and have you YFZ blow for the second time in a month.

They're all good, sometimes there's just some bumps in the road. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2004, 01:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Just posted pics of some ad boards Polaris had on display w/ the new Predator. They should be up shortly. Thanks moderators. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

Ken,

Did the Polaris people get upset with you getting goo all over their brand new 05 TLD Predator. By the way nice job Polaris, haven't seen an ATV company make a change like putting reverse on an existing model, way to listen to the people.

Nocando

Old 07-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider

At first I checked things out like a kid at Toy's "R" Us.....then I hit the start button, all smiles after that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Posted some additional pics, should be up shortly. Also, didn't mean to forget the intro of the 100 cubic inch Victory Hammer. Oh, baby! Kyle Petty's little 180 in the Nascar racecar was a nifty deal too!

Old 07-25-2004, 09:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

nice pics Modquad.

BTW, did you happen to see a Ranger700EFI??

read somewhere Polaris is going to have one for '05.

-MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2004, 10:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

MT, I didn't take notice of the engine sizes....just the Ranger fun factor on the test course. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If it isn't on their website, then it was probably a rumor.

Quick Reply: 05 Predator, Polaris stuck a sock in it!