Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hmmmm.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmmmm.....

Having issues with my yfz, It's getting sold. So now my friends are hurting my brain trying to convince me of either:
A: I got a lemon and should buy an 05
B: Yamaha sucks and I should go with the Honda
C: my 03 pred had been reliable for me, and that with my elka/maxxis sponsorship, I should jump into one of these 05 tld preds with the closer gear ratios (which is exactly what it needed for woods racing) and that the little extra weight won't be an issue because the motor won't lug so much in tight woods with the closer gear ratios.

Being in the polaris forum, I have an Idea of the response I will probably get...but I'm looking for honest opinions, or offers for my YFZ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But basically I keep leaning away from option A because Yamaha has been a pain in the **** for customer service, and I hate having to wait 5 days for parts...that hardly doesn't get me running in time again if something happens!

Old 07-24-2004, 02:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hmmmm.....

pudl, you know the ultimate decision has to be yours. It would be tough for me to go back to a brand that has lousy customer service just because that's what I do everyday. Seems the Pred is still getting better every year. My dealer told me yesterday that they might be incorporating reverse into it, a nice plus for the woods. Gotta admit the YFZ is a nice bike, the Honda is also nice depending whether or not you like kick starting. Give it some good hard thought, and see if you can ride a Honda and a Pred again since being on the Yamaha. That might help influence you some. Anyway you go we will still like you here (maybe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Old 07-24-2004, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmmmm.....

UMmmmm Bubba there is reverse on it. ALl the new 2005 bikes are on polaris's website. I would say go with the pred tld. That way you got the bright a$$ colored plastics so when your miles ahead of everyone else they can see you. And plus for woods racing preds are perfect its like what they are designed for, and they never break anything, the new 2005 have lifetime warrantys on bending or breaking of there axles, they are made by team industries.