Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

my friend needs a faster scrambler 400

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2000, 01:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey. i'm a suzuki rider so i don't know about polaris. im just trying to find a performance upgrade for my friends quad. what im wondering is what is the best thing i can buy for a polaris scrambler for around $200? i hear a clutch kit works well, does it have a noticeable increase in power? what about dg pipes for scramblers, do they work good?

Old 08-14-2000, 02:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a 400 sport.. basically same thing..
i've heard DG sucks, and my cousin has DG
pipe/silencer on his '96 scrambler 400,
barely edges my sport out..
goto
www.rittercycle.com
it's where i'm getting my mods from

Old 08-14-2000, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

Iagree, Ritter is where you want to spend your money in my opinion.

Old 08-16-2000, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

I very much disagree, DG ATV XTREME is well worth the money, The pipe is the best ive used on my engine. I have K&N, MotoTassanari delta VFORCE reed cage, and wiseco forged stock piston, jetted 260 main, and factory air box, mild exhaust porting done by my self. The results are so good infact I have not even put on the aggressive clutch kit from HPD yet. the pipe allows me to stay pulling hard in the mid and upper range but has a good bottom end. I can actually stay ahead of a ported/piped banshee until he hits top gear. Top speed is approx 67 MPH. I would say with the addition of a bigger carb like a 39 flat slide and my clutch kit, Id be very likely to gain huge low end, Ive tried RCR, and HPD, they just didnt do it for my engine. But if all you plan is to pipe and rejet they may give you a good boost in power. The DG has the best looks and silencer fits well. But this is just my opinion. Id estimate HP to be about 56-58 HP on pump gas and factory oil injection, anything else and ill have to eliminate the oil injector. I have a 97 Sport.Good luck.

Old 08-16-2000, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

so what if he puts just a dg pipe on? will he get a good power boost? he said something about changing the clutch springs with a new pipe? does dg recommend any special kind of spring?
thanks for the info.

Old 08-17-2000, 12:24 AM
Range Rover

stay with HPD or Ritter for all your polaris needs....and run,dont walk from DG pipes they $uck ..and quadracer..dont get mad if your friends polaris starts whoopin on you after he talks to HPD or Ritter hehe

Old 08-17-2000, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

I cant tell you personally how much power the pipe alone will add, I feel that it allows my modified engine to produce more power than the HPD and RCR pipes I tried. As far as RCR and HPD they have good pipes for mild to modified engines But they have the worst finish of any pipes ive seen and The Worst looking Silencers. I paid $230 for DG pipe and alloy oval silencer. for theirs (HPD and RCR)you pay over $200 for pipe alone and then $69+ for a silencer. I do however reccomend HPD over RCR for other mods like clutch kits, etc. Hot seat also has some very good products. HPD sold DG before they started building their own pipes. Also Id be willing to bet the FMF pipe would be a good one if you could afford it. I also reccomend Delta V force 2 reed valves over other brands, they are adjustable and add some good low end. If your friend could come up with $500 id say to buy pipe, K&N, HPD clutch kit, and some type of reed valve. Also for factory engine a $25 reed spacer improves midrange. if anything buy the clutch kit first, then reeds and spacer, and pipe.