Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HPD triple rate spring help/ GE4x4?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPD triple rate spring help/ GE4x4?

Originally posted by: duneaholic
Hey Brad get some pics of the triples up when you get a chance. I'd like to see 'em.
I would as well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2004, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

For the frist time ever <i will say that HPDs triple rate spring kit sucked!! I really hate to say that because I do love HPDs parts,but the spring kit has been Crappy.
The rear spring set up was total trash,the main spring would bottom out on it self and the other spring was a gold spring from a auto clutch.Needless to say the rear set up I could never get right and the stock springs worked much much better anyway. As for the front set up,I'm a bit mixed about. They are some what On my quad now But,they were modded. The blue springs were crapp,they just spent the whole time compressed(what can that do,but take away some travel) as for the other two springs,they are on my quad now but,I only used one spacer in the small black spring.I ditched the blue springs and used two other springs from another kit, for another quad, in there space.
I went hough all kinds of money trying to make them work better then the stock set up,but I couldn't .
I even had them revalved three times and i put the rezzies on,NO LUCK!!
right now It's O.k but, Not what I wanted
Also I'm not to happy about loosing ground clearace.

Sorry for my bad news. I hope you get everything right and it works out for you better.
GOOD LUCK!!!

Matt@TEAM BRICKTUCKY

Old 07-26-2004, 06:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have them on now, but not the rezzies. I can get pics tonight of the springs. I think they already feel like a better ride.

Matt....How much do you weight? Did you get the right kit for your weight?(they have 180lbs and 200 I think) I talked to Doug Nicholas about them, and he convinced me to get them and the rezzies. He has figured them out, and said that now they are worth buying. He is going to help me get them setup here pretty soon. I will tell you how they feel once I get that info. You also realize that the triple rate spring, from what I see, are made more for racing, and better cornering and better ride. If you are constantly jumping huge jumps, then they probably aren't made for that.

Old 07-27-2004, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

well frist off The kit is for my weight,i made sure with HPD.I do realize that the kit is made for racing But, what about MX track RACING??? That is where I have the most problems. I have the rezzies set all the way to 8 so it wont bootom out when i jump.But that makes it too hard and it still will tap the ground.I had carver performance revalve the shocks for these springs and still no luck.
Even on the trail I don't seem to have a better ride then stock.
AND JUST FORGET ABOUT THE REAR-I couldn't get that set right at all. The frist rate spring was a concentric drive spring that was compressed all the way,all the time and the 2nd spring would smash the collars together. Also the rear main spring compressed together when jumped.after messing with it and driving HPD crazy I just went back to the stock springs in the rear.GUESS what? the stock spring where much better for the rear.

don't know what is wrong or what I'm doing wrong but, I'm not giving up yet.
In the front,what kinda preload should use? how many collars should I use? and what kinda ride height should I have.

Thanks
Matt @TEAM BRICKTUCKY

Old 07-27-2004, 05:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Matt, if you want to get a better idea of what to do, try calling Doug Nicholas. He has them on his son's quad(he jumps very big jumps and races mx), A friend of the family's quad(also races mx, both race in the A class), and a guy who runs xc(he is in the A class and running for the points, and works for him) These guys all love them. One guy bought elka shocks, and they siad the elkas were the same ride and performance as the setup you have. So call him, if you can get ahold of him, and see what he suggests.