Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

BLACK RIVER FALLS WIS. THIS WEEKEND

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2000, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get gas at Rock Dam, right at the bar. I always carry a 2.5 gallon can, never had to use it.

There aren't too many trails, get a map at Rock Dam bar and hit em all.

Old 08-18-2000, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

I have ridden the Nelliville/greenwood trails before, but it was in the winter, i plan on riding them in the next month or two, we have land 20 miles north of there.

Old 08-20-2000, 11:25 PM
Range Rover

one of my favorite trails is called dead horse. it is by a small town called loretta in nortern wi. it has some crazy deep mud and is always a fun trip. it is 2 hours north of eau claire, and i highly suggest it. i was up in fairchild today and the trails where pretty good. any one else been to dead horse? i think rock dam is the only place to eat, but they have good food. there is always a ton of quads there. good luck and tell us about your trip when you get back!!

Old 08-21-2000, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider

My wife and I stayed in black river falls at the holiday inn express and rode on wed (8/16) from B.R.F. to Pray and back with the 400ex and recon. We carried 2 1/2 gallons cause Pray doesn't have gas access; we did use some. We ate at the Pray bar - good pizza, nice folks. It was about 50 miles round trip. The sandy trails were great! My 400ex ate them up and wanted more. I'm still smiling!

On a funny note - we were basically new to trail riding (I ride in local sandpits and private land); anyway, as we incountered other atvs, we noticed they all seemed to wave at us. After a while, my wife noticed a erie pattern, the fingers they used to wave at us decreased after each atv passed. Ohhhhhhhhh, they're letting us know how many are behind them, cool system!!

Needless to say, lots of atv riders are still looking for the five atvs behind me!!

ogre

Old 08-21-2000, 08:12 AM
Range Rover

Ogre, yes the finger pointing system is a must. Especially on the BRF trails. On weekends, there are alot of ATV's and it is comforting knowing how many more to expect especially when it is dusty.

Next time you are around BRF, trailer a few miles north to Hatfield and hit the trail from there north to Rock Dam Lake. Very good trail system. Unfortunately there is no link between BRF and Hatfield (Jackson vs Clark county). People have made their own trail and if the Local Sheriff see's you, your in for a big ticket. Also BRF south to Millston and back is a very good trail. Smooth and fast.

Old 08-21-2000, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

I was at BRF yesterday. My family lives in Madison and I live in Rochester. It's the half-way point in between, so we ride there often. There was a group touring around there yesterday(mostly Polaris quads)that had 43 people in thier group. Try flashing that number up on your fingers when you meet some on-comming riders. he...he.....
The finger system is a must when riding at BRF. Very busy trails, and usually very dusty. It just helps out and lets you know what too expect.

Dead Horse Run..... I love that trail. When we make the trip too Park Falls. We stay at the Motor Lodge in PF. Then take the trails right out of the parking lot, all the way out too Dead Horse run. Very challenging trail!!!!

A group of six of us are going up too Iron River the 8,9, and 10th of Sept. Very nice trails as well. Maybe I will see some of you there.

Old 08-21-2000, 01:06 PM
Range Rover

Hey guys,
I do most of my hunting out in the Neillsville area. I haven't eaten at Rock Dam. Anyone ever eat at the WildCat? Its a great place to eat, Hope you all had fun and hopefully next year I will have a quad. See ya.

-Jared

Old 08-21-2000, 03:23 PM
Range Rover

Hey guys just got bask from Nellsville (Clark County) We had a blast, we will definatly be going back. We stayed at a little Campground next to the Wildcat INN, Called Norm and Ann's. Boy were they some nice people. All in all the trails had alot of mud and were not really that dusty. We put about 160 miles on in two days. We ran into a group of about 8 Guys who were some real heavy mudders. we watched them for about a half an hour run through this mud hole about seat deep on the quads. Man thoes were some crazy fellas!! They did have one problem while we were watching them it seems a rubicon tried to follow a sportsman through a mud hole. Well the sportsman ended up pulling the ruby out caus it got swamped!!! Boy was that great giving that guy a little ****. It was all in fun the guy was a real good sport. Any one in the area I would definetly recommend hitting the Clark county trails!!

Old 08-22-2000, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer

is anyone going to park falls on labor day weekend? now is the dead horse trail around park falls?

what is the best place to stay for the clark county trails?

Thanks,

Polaris_Kid
99 Green sportsman 500
with a polaris plow

Old 08-23-2000, 12:22 AM
Range Rover

PolarisKid,
Clark county has alot of forest camping, But be carefull out and about on the trails. Ranger Rick, doesn't like anyone riding off the trail, This includes sand-pits adjoining the trail! So be on the lookout. Also, you have to pay 3 bucks a day to camp in the forest, You might be better off camping at Norm and Anns for the electricity. Its just West of the Wildcat Inn, If you get a chance, stop in and say Hi to Murley. He's a great guy, and they have great food there! Well, have fun out riding... I am going to be up there the second and third weekend in september for bowhunting.. No wheeler this year though. Have fun!

-Jared

Quick Reply: BLACK RIVER FALLS WIS. THIS WEEKEND