WHY SHOULD I BUY A POLARIS????

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 01:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY SHOULD I BUY A POLARIS????

Originally posted by: Warrior350ripper
Originally posted by: TJCINC
im curious as to where warrior 350 gets his info from, maybe the yamaha dealers? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
theres a specail breed of people that buy polaris
Thats right! We are a special breed. A breed that I am proud to be part of[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2004, 01:06 AM
RIP Dear Friend

ummm i get my info from past experiences....theres a specail breed of people that buy polaris...and if i bagged up a bag of sht and put a sticker on it that said "made in the u.s.a" they'd buy that too
Warrior350ripper that's ignorant.

Old 08-14-2004, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

sorry that was kinda harsh

Old 08-14-2004, 01:47 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Apology accepted now I can go to the outhouse and feel good going in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2004, 01:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAPTORYFM660r
Apology accepted now I can go to the outhouse and feel good going in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
That way you can feel even better coming out~!

Old 08-14-2004, 01:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TJCINCim curious as to where warrior 350 gets his info from, maybe the yamaha dealers? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
ummm i get my info from past experiences....theres a specail breed of people that buy polaris...and if i bagged up a bag of sht and put a sticker on it that said "made in the u.s.a" they'd buy that too
How much do you want for the bag with brown contents thats also made in the USA?

Old 08-14-2004, 02:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: trailrider500
Originally posted by: TJCINCim curious as to where warrior 350 gets his info from, maybe the yamaha dealers? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
How much do you want for the bag with brown contents thats also made in the USA?
I will sell you mine for half of what he is offering!!! Shipping included!

Old 08-14-2004, 03:42 AM
Range Rover

well if warrior 350 is going on experience then i guess he has no clue of what hes talking about cause hes probably only owned yamahahahahahahahahahahahah. maybe you should find something you believe in.
i would like to know how many polaris machines youve ever owned and operated. chances are you have never. buy the way if your a yamahhahahahahahah owner then give advise on yamahahahahaha.not polaris. we all own them and have knowledge, based on real action. so go listen to the forums of yamahahahahahahah and give them your opinion. seeeeeeeeeeya.
" A PROUD USA POLARIS OWNER "

Old 08-14-2004, 06:28 AM
Pro Rider

Wow, now I'm really impressed with your opinion. If you had any crediblity you just lost it.

I'm mean your reply was real informative and loaded with facts. NOT!!!!

Old 08-14-2004, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

I have a 1999 Xplorer 400 with 10,300 miles that hasn't been back to the dealer since I bought it. I have replaced the buttons in the clutch, the belt, CV boots, brake pads, and a few other piddly things.

I also have a 1996 Honda 300 2 WD. If you subtract the expense of the CV boots, they both have about the same upkeep costs so far, and the Polaris has more miles on it. I will add, though, that the Honda seems more 'refined' and with a 4 cycle engine vs. the Xplorer's 2 cycle, I am sure it will have more ultimate life, as well.

Since about 2001 Polaris reliability has been very good. Yes, there has been the occasional problem area, but considering the innovations they pioneered, it isn't surprising. They have the belt drive as perfected as anyone out there. Some people prefer one style of belt drive over another, but it is more personal preference than anything else.

The older Polaris machines, like mine, took a lot of maintanence. The new 4WD machines have a whopping 3 zerks to grease, unlike the 10 or so on mine, and the over-20 found on some of the older Sportsmans. A lot of the 'maintanence nightmare' stuff you hear is from experiences with the older machines. All you need to do is regular oil/fluid changes, grease 3 zerks from time to time, check the air cleaner, and about once a year, pop the belt cover off, and blow the dust out (and you should do this with ANY belt drive machine). While you have the cover off, look for anything odd, and wiggle both pulleys in all directions, checking for looseness. If they are tight, slap the cover back on, and if not, get it fixed. Every now and then check the CV boots for holes/leaking grease (again, true with ANY 4WD machine). In over 10,000 miles, I have about $40 in total repairs to the belt clutches, and have replaced the $30 belt once, and about 2 weeks ago, I had the belt cover off, and everything looked OK, the pulleys were all tight, and while starting to narrow, the belt is good to go a while yet. Some might say not to get a Polaris because you can burn the belt in 100 miles. True, but with proper use/care the belt goes a loooong time! Heck, if I wanted to, I could bend the frame on any other machine in 50 miles! Just because you can, or it has happened once, doesn't mean it is a recurring problem.

Also, don't be swayed by anecdotal evidance that 'brand X is better because I saw less of them in a repair shop than Polaris machines'. For one thing, there are some months that Polaris sells more units than any other maker! The only other brand that can make that claim is Honda. No one else sells half as many machines as either of them. I am not saying that guy was trying to mislead you or anything, he was just stating what he saw, but he is just one person. I think I can put it in perspective this way: I have NEVER, EVER seen a 1973 Pinto in a repair shop. However, I have seen several Corvettes and Mercedes cars being fixed. Now, honestly, do you take that as 'proof' that a 1973 Pinto is better than a 'Vette' or Mercedes?

Don't be afraid of the Scrambler, just remember they aren't designed for work (no low range) but are just about the best 'fun trail' bike you can get.

Quick Reply: WHY SHOULD I BUY A POLARIS????