Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

very upset......back to the shop AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default very upset......back to the shop AGAIN!

hey all......i finially got my 700 back on friday from the dealer..after a month and 2 weeks........because they were waiting for a tool to change the tp sensor......

the dealer said yep come on down and pick it up........as soon as i got there i took her for a little spin...everything seemed fine was ideling better........ran good on top end..power seemed normal...

well went out riding that night......and guess what......wont even idel at all i tried turning the idel up...but to make it idel you have to adjust it so high that it will either take off as soon as you start it....and or you cant shift from H to L or R........

plus it also just dies sometime going down the trail.......it did that 2 times.......second time causeing some damage to my back fenders and rack..........because i was going up a windy trail..with loose gravel...kinda steep incline and it just died......im trying to get the machine stopped......and its just sliding back......and wham right into a tree and a log........wasnt very happy......

i just dont understand what the heck is goin on with this machine........

but it seems im not the only one...because my buddies 700 is starting to have the same symptoms as mine did when it first went in the shop...were it would idel...but would only go 35-45 mph....

i just do not know what to do anymore...i am just so frustrated..that it isnt even funny.......

any and all replys on what you would do with it.....would be greatly appreciated.......does polaris buy back four wheelers....like car/truck manufactures..do with there vehicles? is there a lemon law for atv's?........

any kind of info would be greatly appreciated....

Luke

Old 08-15-2004, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

I think it depends on how long you've had it. I think lemon laws require the manufacturer to buy back the vehicle if it has speant more then something like 45% (?) of the time you have owned it in the shop. Wether or not they apply to ATV's i dont know. I would contact polaris DIRECTLY and tell them the troubles you have had. If the ATV has a lot of miles/ hours on it, I wouldn't expect them to do much. But if its fairly new and they cared anything about customer satisfaction, they would replace it. My expierence with polaris's warrenty serive and things of that nature were extreamly disapointing to say the least. Our dealer is also run by a couple of know-nothing @$$hole hicks too, wether or not that had something to do with it is byond me. But I would deffinently contact polaris directly and tell them whats up, they might help you out and they might just shrug you off. If they shrug you off, I would look into the whole lemon law thing. And if that dusn't work out.................try insurence fraud. Its worked for thousands of other americans, it'll work for you too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Range Rover

aight.....thanks.....ill keep trying....

i have around 700 miles on it....bought it in june.....and it spent all last month in the shop and 2 weeks of this month

Old 08-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

Seems to be a lot of fuel pump failures on the efi's, I'd guess your problems may be related to that. The efi system needs proper pressure and volume to work correctly otherwise you have all kinds of running problems..

Old 08-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Range Rover

it could be, but i doubt that because....they replaced it....i mean im not sayin that that would couldnt be bad but its unlikely that it is.....they have already replace the computer...the tp sensor a crank sensor a spark plug.....a complete no throttle box....(where the thumb throttle is)

so i dunno...i hope it is the fuel pump...but i dunno i just dont think its gonna be that easy ahahha

Old 08-15-2004, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

do you still have a warrenty on it or is all this coming out of your pocket?

Old 08-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

I wonder if it has been determined what is causing the pump failures? From posts I've read there is no time or mileage consistancy, some fail right away. Doug Meyer (TV show) had the failure while on a test ride of a new quad. It is very disappointing, I would like to have efi on a quad but it has to prove itself reliable. Walking out of the back country isn't something I need to be wondering about. My AC sled had it and ran flawless, no problems at all.

Good luck to you!!!!

Old 08-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Range Rover

yaaaaa,

Yeah i still have warranty on it, i wouldnt buy it unless they threw in a year warrenty,, because of just this reason, but its starting to scare me.....