Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

UH OH---700 efi crank problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UH OH---700 efi crank problem

Well guys here is the latest scoup that i got on the efi,

first off...let me begin by saying...my morning started off realy realy bad....i go to pull my 700 outta the garage...and it wouldnt even start.....so i had to push it out..then winch it up on the trailer.....that upset me...

so any way i take it to the dealer..they get me right in...and iwas bs'n with the techs....and there were 4 of em just scratchin there heads.......they all have the same attitude as me.....lets get this thing fixed....but we dont know where to start....or what the problem is.....so they ran a few differnt tests...and it came back as a bad crank sensor......so they pulled the one that the just put in on friday.....and pulled a new one off of a brand new machine.........and NOTHING....absolutly nothing....those guys tried everything in there power to make it run....tried new plugs ..another new fuel pump...another new computer.........and by that time i was realy frustrated...

so then i was like well guys have fun im outta here....so they gave me a loaner four wheeler because they didnt know how long it was gonna be......so i got to take the xpedition 325 back home .ahahhahah

so any way...i get a phone before i left for work...it was the dealer....and he said i got realy great news....i was like whats that...he said we are 100% sure they found the problem....and i asked him what it was.....he said apparently...when polaris built the engine..they never made sure the crank was all the way in.....and it had like a 1/2" of play in the crank....and there for that made the fly wheel move...which in turn puts out a bad code for a crank sensor.....because the sensor reads off the fly wheel....so now that the crank has a 1/2" of play that made the fly wheel actually rub a grove in the cover (like where the pull start usually goes)......

so i was like holy F*ck...........so then he told me this has only happend 2 times on the 700's and that was in a snomobile...me being the second.......then i asked well wouldnt i have heard some metal griding...and they said i would think so......but i didnt....all ihear is the clunk clunk clunk of the driv train.......

so any way
polaris is shipping out a new bottom end for me........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

should have it by the weekend.....

i am sorry for the long post......i hope you all can understand...i just needed someone to hear my story....

thanks

Luke

Old 08-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

cool they finally figured it out for ya, i understand the long post... sometimes you just need to vent!!!

Old 08-16-2004, 07:03 PM
Range Rover

i know i am so happy.....that they found the problem....i just couldnt understand why outta of all the efis sold im the only one with this issue.....ya know......i thought for sure it was all electronic...and due to maybe the way i ride......but i doubt that now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ahahhaha

Old 08-16-2004, 09:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

dude... i feel your pain... if you knew my history with quads like some others do... you would feel lucky!!!

Old 08-16-2004, 10:01 PM
Trailblazer

just be happy it did not quit on super bowl or work hill.

Old 08-16-2004, 10:40 PM
Range Rover

oh slags...it did quit on me....goin up a narrow windy trail...and it was all dug loose gravel and washed out.....when it stalled...i was trying to hold the brake and start it with the throttle being wide open to start it.....and the hill was kinda steep....and with the loose gravel all i did was slide back into a tree...crack my fender flares pretty good...i was exremley mad...but....thankgod thats all that happend.....

Old 08-16-2004, 10:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

they gonna warrenty that for you...? they should...

Old 08-16-2004, 10:59 PM
Range Rover

yeah i believe they are......i know they should....

but what the should do and what they actually do are two differant things........even tho i do have a realy decent dealer......

everytime i need something they jump right on it...plus the gave me a loaner for the 2 nd time now...to put around on....it aint much but hey it keeps me goin ahahah