Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

700 sportsman exhaust????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700 sportsman exhaust????????

i have abuddy with 04 polaris 700 sportsman he wants to get an exhaust system but he says that
with the rear bumper he cant find any. anyone have any suggestions? also anyone with clutch
added he is looking to get one also thanks

Old 08-19-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

I had this problem also, I put a AAEN exsaust on mine and it was blowing straight on the bumper. I fabricated a tailpipe that pointed it straight down. As far as a clutch kit I love mine it add tons of low & mid range power. It will stand straight up if you pin the throttle down.

http://hometown.aol.com/sportsman70003/index.html

2003 POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700 TWIN
MODIFCATIONS
1.SUPER DUTY HIGHLIFTER CLUTCH
2.AAEN EXHAUST
3.27'' GBC GATORS
4.DYNOJET KIT
5.REVERSE LIGHT
6.CUSTOM NERFBARS
7.FRONT BRUSHGAURD
8.REAR TUBE BUMPER
9.2500 LB RAMSEY WINCH
10.POLARIS HANDGAURDS
11.GEL GRIPS
12.FUEL GAUGE
13.K&N AIR FILTER
14.3'' WHEEL SPACERS
15.HEADLIGHT MODIFCATION
16.REVERSE OVERRIDE MODIFCATION
17.COIL SPACERS

Old 08-20-2004, 12:46 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: jax04wolverine
i have abuddy with 04 polaris 700 sportsman he wants to get an exhaust system but he says that
with the rear bumper he cant find any. anyone have any suggestions? also anyone with clutch
added he is looking to get one also thanks
Howdy...

I guess I first need to know what kind of performance is your buddy looking for. Top end for fire roadin'? Low end torque for extreme technical terrain?

Here's just a brief overview...

Exhaust systems...

From what I've been told by an accomplised four stroke engine builder, unless you've done a ton of internal engine work (cam, porting, big bore....) the stock pipe is all you'll really ever need. The muffler, on the other hand, is a different story. Not only is it restrictive, it also weighs a ton. To uncork the exhaust on a "stock" motor, a high qualtiy slip on muffler is the ticket. Such as the Pure Polaris muffler kit PN 2874650. This can is made in a joint venture with White Brothers Racing. It weighs 4.5 lbs. Roughly half of what the stock muff weighs. It's tuneable by adding or subtracting difuser plates. And best of all... It WILL NOT void any warranty you have on your quad!! That's right, it has been blessed by Polaris as being a "legal" add on. It also comes with an approved spark arrestor if you need one.

Although a bit longer than stock, this can will fit with the installation of a double tube, rear bumper. It is a bit close and does warm up the pipes of the bumper a bit. So as a safety measure, I added 1/4" spacers to the bumper mounting. I also replaced the stock hex head bolts with some stainless button head cap screws to follow the look of the fasteners in the muffler.

My "seat-of-the-pants dyno" tells me my 700 Carb increased power in the whole RPM range. Mid range and Top end feel a little bit better then stock, but bottom end is much improved!! At this time, my intake is still stone stock, all the way to the stock air filter. I know there is more to be had from this pipe with an intake mod.

I'll update my pics so you can see exactly what they look like....

Clutch kits.....

This is a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.... Heelclicker!!! Very easy to install. Very tuneable. Unlike most kits, this kit DOES increase performance throughout the ENTIRE rpm range. The most gain is typically seen down low where you really need it!! Here's a section from my initial review of my Heelclicker install...

"I FINALLY got out to use the Heelclicker in real word conditions. We put on quite a few miles today that ranged from flat out, fire roads to mud and water to wet, rocky extreme technical riding.

All I can say is WOW!! The improved low end torque made the 700 carb feel a hundred pounds lighter. Power at the blink of an eye!! On and off the throttle all day and lovin' every second!! I was even wheelieing out of mud holes!!

To wrap it all up, if you want the absolute best bang for your buck mod for a 700 carb, the Heelclicker is the ticket!!! And if you're even thinking about larger tires.... It's a must have item!!!"

For more info, head on over to ATV Quad Squad and look for Cob. He seems to be the guru of the Heelclicker clutch. He set me up with a GREAT deal and fantastic customer support!! Trust me on this one, you'll be glad you did!!!

Old 08-29-2004, 03:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey moose I was just wondering how much louder that pure silencer is compared to stock