Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I know, I know. The never ending Scrambler Tire question

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know, I know. The never ending Scrambler Tire question

wow, you actually still read the forums! Unbelievable. Better put your money where your mouth is chief! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] we are going to Rumble on the ridge on the 25th. We are going friday night and camping. I ended up ordering the bearclaws and new itp t-9 pro's all the way around. Should have em mounted up by the end of next week! And I also just through in the K&N filter. The pipe will be coming soon! Thanks everyone for the replies. Yo, Big "D" get that woman of yours down to the dang shop and get her that scrambler.....she's waited long enough! I just think you don't want her having a quad faster than yours!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] hee hee

Old 09-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

My question is if you're the piano player, why are you using Revshredd for your screen-name? I run sound for a 80s-current rock cover band and we nicknamed our guitar player "Reverend Shred" because he is just the sh*t on six strings. Never heard anything like him in a bar band before! He started teaching at the local music store when he was 16 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Note the line in my sig (not the one about 2-strokes) and you can connect it to my part in the band[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2004, 12:13 AM
Range Rover

Damn, that sounds alot like our guitar player! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But actually, I got the nick name from water skiing. There used to be a line of t-shirts out with this reverend shredd character on them and it was a skiing thing. It just sorta stuck. Plus I was the best skier out of my group of friends. I guess it just stuck. I'll see if I can dig up a few pics for my page. We always thought "Roast Beef Stiffie" made a great band name....that is from a wake board move. My buddy and I also run sound for other bands when we aren't busy with ours. And speaking of that we decided to take a year off from it. Nine years straight is a lot of weekends taken up when we could be out four wheeling, boating and camping. Time to get back to some of that stuff! Yee Hawww!

Old 09-11-2004, 04:17 AM
Pro Rider

I have to disagree with you on that one. There ain't nothin' that beats the band sh*t. Not quads or sleds or bikes or anything. Live music rules! I have friends that have been playing in bar bands for 25 straight years and they ain't quitin' yet![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Rock on dude!!

Oh yeah, our drummer lives on a lake, owns a Mastercraft and has been skiing for about 30 years.

Old 09-11-2004, 09:56 AM
Range Rover

The Playing part was never the problem, just every single thing before and after we played. It gets tough when the band members get complacent and begin to not lift a finger to help in any way. Tom and I would have to blow nearly a whole day for a show. No one would show up to help unload and set up equipment, no help with promotional crap, and scheduling was a bear. I can't remember the last time we did jus a simple bar gig. It turned into a business rather than a hobby. We mostly stuck with Car Shows, rib burnoff's, festivals, corporate events, weddings and private parties. We wer regulars at six flags and kings island. Those gigs always payed 1400-2100 bucks. Bad part is you get 1099's from everyone so then the tax issue was a pain. So we decided to get away for a bit. Good thing is we left it so we could pick up where we left off. Can't say I miss it yet. Now, your drummer sounds like he has it down pat! My family owned a marina and I grew up on boats. Enough babbling. time to go ride! Music does rock!!

Old 09-11-2004, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

make sure to post some pics of the new rims and tires!!! good choice!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

X

Old 09-11-2004, 02:23 PM
Range Rover

I will for sure. can't wait to get those suckers on. next week sometime!

Old 09-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

Rev,

Thought you would like to know that Jen and I will both be attending Rumble on the Ridge with you. I haven't told her that we would be camping out yet. Maybe I will get Dads camper.

As for her getting a Scammy, she will never beat me. I will be getting a new Predator. HEHE. I have to let her win every now and then, but not on the trails.

Talk at you later

Old 09-12-2004, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

ITP holeshots,i use those tires since 4 years,never had a single problems,with itp aluminum rims.

Old 09-17-2004, 09:39 AM
Range Rover

Yee Haw! Ok guys. I just got the new bear claw tires and ITP wheels mounted. All I can say is WOW! What a hell of a difference. Two extra inches of travel and they hook up like nothing else...as some of you stated. I posted some pics of them (#21, 22, 23) I just need to clean the quad now so that it looks as good as the tires and wheels! Thanks again for every ones input, It was very helpful. It came down between the Mud Lights and the Bear Claws. I just liked the looks of the bear Claws a little more and they seemed to be a little more aggressive than the Mudlights. I'm sure they are both good tires and I certainly have NO regrets with this purchase!!!!!! I recomend them to anyone! Especially Scrambler owners!!!! Thanks again,

Revshredd.

Quick Reply: I know, I know. The never ending Scrambler Tire question