Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

GOT GOGGLES???Lets hear about em!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GOT GOGGLES???Lets hear about em!

I am in the market for a set of ATV Goggles. Their are so many different manufactures it is rediculous. That is why I am asking this question. What goggles do you have? How do you like them?

myself. I have a sport quad. I am looking for a full goggle not the bug eyes (I think) unless you guys give me information other wise. I ride in the rain, snow, dry dust. I know this anti fog crap is a bunch of crap. lense tenting is not important to me. Clear is better IMO for the woods. I am looking at Ebay at many different cheep sets for under $10. I was thinking go for it, and pitch them when they break or are no good. I have talked to a few venders and it seems that they try to upsell any product.

I personaly don't have glasses, but my brother does. He is getting some company to make goggles to his perscription. Sounds too cool.

So what do you guys use? How much? Do you like em?

Old 09-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

i have spy my son oneal my wife has scott. i prefer the the spy becouse they look good and the fit good. i have the patriot spys. they do make goggle that fit over glasses and they are very nice. my nephew has a pr. and wears glasses they are oneals. go to your local bike shop and try them all on and see what you like best.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I started out with regular Scott 89's with a clear lense. They would always fog up in the colder or wet days, so I switched the lenses to the Turbo lense (peah color). They did a nice job of not fogging up, but I managed to really scratch them up. So now I have the Scott Hologram (PHYSCO!!) goggles that I got on clearence

Old 09-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

Good stuff. Keep on posting. This will make a good search thread for people.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

I used MSR cheapos for a long time. Tinted and clear. Both were fine, but they fogged and scratched up easily. I switched to Scot light sensative and love them. You get tinted and clear in the same lense and so far I have not fogged them up ever. The scratches they do get don't stand out so bad. I would and will buy them again.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:52 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I have a small set about like sun glasses, they are cheap....got them off e-bay for $7.00. But they are goggles. I can put them on then put my helmet on next. I do not like the big goggles, they are to hot for me. I do have a set of spy though. I like them in the winter, they keep my face alot warmer, but they do fog up.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

i have scott's

Old 09-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

i started out with the UVEX dual lense ski goggles.(clear and tinted) bought them at the sporting goods store.$15 bucks i think. i still use them in the winter cuz they have never fogged up on me.

pisses my buddies off cuz they all have SCOTT brand goggles and they have tried all the anti fog sprays out there and they still have fog problems.

right now in the summertime i have a set of SMITH clears and they have a little fan on top of the goggles. if you have fog, just turn the fan on and its gone!!! purty neet. it also has a nice cooling effect on those hot days. these also fit over glasses. i wear sunglasses under them.

X

Old 09-09-2004, 09:10 PM
Trailblazer

I have a set of the scott 'turbo' lens goggles.
They breath nicely and don't fog up too much, even in the winter when I have the balaclava on. They are comfortable and since it has the breathing holes, they don't get too warm.
They do scratch pretty easily though.

-Chris

Old 09-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have some scotts, not sure what number, but they are all good from scott. I also just got some smiths, that are really nice, but more expensive.

Quick Reply: GOT GOGGLES???Lets hear about em!