Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler 90

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2000, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone seen the new kid quads on the showroom? Just curious how the Srambler 90 will compare to the Suzuki LT80. I know the Scrambler is $400 cheaper and comes with a helmet which makes it a good value. Does anyone know who builds it for Polaris?

Old 08-23-2000, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

I just saw one the other day. Looks pretty much like it's larger look-a-like. All I know is can't wait to have some kids!

Old 08-24-2000, 02:22 AM
Range Rover

I picked up my 8 yr. old sons 90cc Sportsman on Monday and by Tuesday afternoon he already burned up his 2nd tank of gas. He loves it, and it looks just like Dads...

Providing the 90cc Scrambler and Sportsman are built on the same frame I can say the Polaris quads appear to have a much wider stance, and are a bit taller than the Suzuki.

Old 08-24-2000, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider

There built by Eton for polaris and made to polaris specs.So they look as close to polaris products as possible cosmetically that is.

Old 08-24-2000, 09:23 AM
Trailblazer

scavanau,
How did you get the dealer to sell you a 90cc for your eight year old?. I was at my local dealer yesterday, and he won't sell me one because my son is nine. He said I had to get the 50cc. I think that stinks. What a scam. Liability is one thing, but forcing you to buy one model vs another model is taking it too far. Gee, how convienent, get a 50cc now, then a 90cc three years later, then maybe 120cc two years later, then a 250 when he's sixteen. Not only is the insurance company happy, but so are the stock holders. The funny thing is, the dealer told me the the Polaris kid machines are made by Eaton, but he can put a detuning kit on the 90 cc Eaton, but not the Polaris. With the detuning kit, it slows the machine down and he even puts stickers on it saying ages 6 and up. Whats up with that? Don't take it the wrong way, I'm glad you were able to get your son that machine, just jealous I guess.

Old 08-24-2000, 09:23 AM
Trailblazer

Oops, hit the button twice

Old 08-24-2000, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

Arrowhead

I know it seems like a scam, but Polaris saw how Honda got the living crap sued out of them for selling 200 and 250 three wheelers to parents for their kids. I would go to a different dealer without your kid and tell them he is twelve. What they don't know won't hurt them.

Old 08-24-2000, 12:20 PM
Trailblazer

How do I get the safety course certificate if the child isn't there? My insurance company wants to see that. What about warranty problems, if the paper trail doesn't check out, what are implications? I guess it comes down to how "loose" the dealer is. Problem is that the dealers are just as scared as the manufactures. Unless you know someone or have a friend at the dealer, your're out of luck.

Old 08-24-2000, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

Arrowhead, is Polaris offering an incentive for getting the certificate? When I bought my Banshee, Yamaha gave me $50 for taking the course. They also paid for my wife to take the course and even provided a second quad for her to ride at the training.

If you buy one, you might sign up for the course and ask the instructor if your underage child can be included in the training. In my opinion, they are better off to train an underage rider than to force the parent to ignore training. Good luck.

Old 08-24-2000, 11:23 PM
Range Rover

Arrowhead,

We had originally ordered the Scrambler 50. We went on the waiting list, but the 50's were nowhere in sight. They told us to come in and try on a newly delivered 90cc bike to see how it fit. Almost perfect. (A wee bit of room to grow in to) They had a "fake" 50cc in the showroom just to give customers an idea of its size. We sat my boy on it and it was almost too small. They agreed the 90cc was right for him.
Maybe we had some preferential treatment being return customers of many years? Maybe the dealer realizes that companies are safety concious to an extreme? (with good reason)
All I can add is, it'll fit him for another 3-4 years and I'm keeping it throttled at 15 MPH for some time.

scavanau
99 Sportsman 500
01 Sportsman 90

Quick Reply: Scrambler 90