Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

anyone have an 05 preddy ltd yet? Also, anyone comment on Polaris warranty? need preddy opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have an 05 preddy ltd yet? Also, anyone comment on Polaris warranty? need preddy opinions!

hozed, i assume since you have both the yfz and predator, that you have dragged them? what was your outcome? (im curious to know how close they are.... we talking like 5-6 bike lengths or 1-3?)

what would you say a piped predator would do with a stock yfz? i know im not going to be able to hang with a piped yfz... (dont think even that edelbrock carb would push it that far?) as once the yfz gets a pipe it seems to open up quite a bit.

is power pretty good overall on the predator? (smooth equal powerband?) or is it low in one area and high in another?

how is the stock gearing?

for those of you who run sand, what size paddles do you run? (22s or 20s? 22s were the preferred size for my ds, so it wouldnt dig in soo much...but even with 22's it only had a couple inches of clearance)

im thinking 8 paddle haulers (should be plnety for a piped predator? )or sand stars again.

do you guys know anyone who has swapped carbs on this forum?

lastly (i know seems like my questions dont end...lol) is there an ALL predator forum? (seems like only a handful of preddy owners in here, mostly utility and scrambler guys)

thanks

Old 09-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default anyone have an 05 preddy ltd yet? Also, anyone comment on Polaris warranty? need preddy opinions!

Roost, I could answer all of those questions, but don't have time right now.....try either searching the forum......or going to www.predatorowners.com

Old 09-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

fishslab....Did you friend buy a perd at smuckers yesterday?

Old 09-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

The dealer by me let me test ride a 04 tld pred 500 and im only 15. I dont know if its cuz we bought quads from them before but they let me test ride a lot of quads.

Old 09-29-2004, 05:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ya i have dragged many yfz's with my pred... with even riders (all piped machines) they would beat me bad off the line and thru the first few gears... then id slowly catch up... at the end of 300 feet or so i was within 3-4 lenghs

Old 09-29-2004, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

Hozed, what kind of air filter are you running on the Pred? My brothers Pred has the Pure Polaris pipe with 9 disk with the cfm air box with no lid and a 170mj. He just walks away against my stocker big time. I've noticed many with preds and pipes seem to be running high mj, thus are running to rich, thus loosing power. My brother had his dynoed and he thought for sure he would be 180 or more with his mods. He was shocked when they tuned it with a much smaller jet. But he isn't complaining, because his Pred hauls.

Old 09-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

raj i meant that in a drag the pred loses

Old 09-29-2004, 11:01 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Ok whatever!!!!! If I have seen a Pred beat a 110 atc, then you have seen the 110 beat a Pred[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2004, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

honestly your last statement dosnt make any sense.... (why would a 110 beat a pred?)

but anyway, i havnt seen a stock predator take a stock yfz yet (basically all i do when i go to the dunes is watch the drags... lol)

Old 09-29-2004, 11:37 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I was using that for an example!!! Makes sense to me. I know what I have seen. If I thought a yfz was a better quad then.....I would not get the Pred. Why buy a Pred when it gets smoked by a yfz.

Quick Reply: anyone have an 05 preddy ltd yet? Also, anyone comment on Polaris warranty? need preddy opinions!