Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Best all around sport utility quad

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best all around sport utility quad

dude, are you kidding?

scrambler 500 4x4 all the way!!!!! hands down the BEST all around quad!!!!!!

torque, torque, torque!!! mud, mud, mud!!!! go anywhere,,,,,,,fast!!!!! u git the picture?

lets just say power to the ground satisfaction.

i cant stop smiling when im out riding, my face hurts when im done. (sometimes i even get the evil giggles!!)

nuff sed,

X

Old 10-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: polaris5610
Originally posted by: FormulaLT1
all of the new offerings from the manufacturers are pretty awesome (with the exception of the rincon, i don't like that tranny). if it were me i'd look no further than 3 quads, Brute Force, King Quad, and Sportsman 800, probably in that order.
I'm ready for a mag to do a shootout with these three. That will be something to see...
You're not alone!

Old 10-08-2004, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: scramblerXrated
dude, are you kidding?

torque, torque, torque!!! mud, mud, mud!!!! go anywhere,,,,,,,fast!!!!! u git the picture?

i cant stop smiling when im out riding, my face hurts when im done. (sometimes i even get the evil giggles!!)

nuff sed,

X
are you kidding?!? the scramblers are sport quads, not utility. THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE RACKS, so how could they be a good sport utility when there's no utility?

Old 10-08-2004, 01:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider

dude, are you kidding?

nuff sed,

X
are you kidding?!? the scramblers are sport quads, not utility. THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE RACKS, so how could they be a good sport utility when there's no utility?
Racks are available for the front and rear of the scramblers. You can also get tow hitches and even plows for them. So, they can be used for utility purposes. Not to mention the 4wd!. Sports quads DONT HAVE 4WD.! That is why the scrambler falls right in the middle. More sportier than a ute, yet still able to perform some of the same functions of a ute that the sport quads cant.

Old 10-08-2004, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler
dude, are you kidding?

nuff sed,

X
Racks are available for the front and rear of the scramblers. You can also get tow hitches and even plows for them. So, they can be used for utility purposes. Not to mention the 4wd!. Sports quads DONT HAVE 4WD.! That is why the scrambler falls right in the middle. More sportier than a ute, yet still able to perform some of the same functions of a ute that the sport quads cant.

IMO a SPORT/UTILITY quad should come stock with racks and a tow hitch, it kinda fulfills the utility part. I don't see polaris marketing the scrambler as a utility at all. it's a 4x4 sport quad.

Old 10-08-2004, 02:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I guess everyone sees things differently. To me, a sport quad is light weight, 2wd, and has a manual trans (with the exception of the V-Force). Sport quads to me would be the Pred, DS, Raptor, Banshee, ect. IMO, a sport quad does not have 4wd. That belongs on a utility. I dont know why Polaris markets the scrambler as a "sport quad" because it most certainly is not. Its weight, size, 4wd, and stance inhibit its "sportyness" as compared to your more traditional sport quads. And IMO, a UTILITY quad should definately come with racks and a hitch standard. But, if it is going to be a "sport utility" quad, then I dont think that it should necessarily come with these items as stanard equiptment. Because not everybody will use them. But, that is JMO.

Old 10-08-2004, 03:30 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks all. The Scrambler seems to be pretty much in a league of its own. I dont need an all out sports or utility quad, just one that'll do well at both when needed. I dont think any other manufacturer makes one like it. Looks like its probably the best bet. Everyone sure seems happy with theres.

Old 10-08-2004, 04:21 AM
Pro Rider

Figgers, In your original post you described a Scrambler 4x4 , best of both worlds! Sporty yet a 4x4 with some utility aspect. I would say more sport, but they do race in the utility class.
The only problem I see is it don't have a low range (like some other "utility" quads I know of) and this could be a disadvantage in some working situations. You could also look into a sporty ute like the Sportsman 500 ho or the Vinson but its not the same "sport" aspect that a Scrammy will give you. I used to trail and "sport" ride (so I thought) with my Sportsman 700 but much prefer the Scrambler for that type of riding now. They both have there place but a Scrambler 4x4 is defiantly the best of both worlds.

Old 10-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Range Rover

Follow the link in my sig. for pictures of my Scrambler with racks and a hitch. Anymore, I use it more for work than sport riding. For me, a sport quad should have a chain drive swingarm rear suspension. Something the Sportsman, Prarie, Grizzly, etc. don't have. The only thing I wish I had was low range. But if you want to compromise between full sport and full utility, you will have to give up some things. The Scrambler isn't the best at any one thing, but it is good/very good at almost everything. That is why I bought it. I can't afford 2 quads, so the Scrambler fulfills almost everthing I need in 1 quad.

Old 10-08-2004, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider

i would say the explorer is good lots of mods for it and they go good

Quick Reply: Best all around sport utility quad