Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Got My Pure Polaris Pipe On

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got My Pure Polaris Pipe On

Well my pipe finally arrived from the ups man. put it on right away cuz i havent heard a pred with a pipe before. And i must say it sounds nice. I love the deep tone of it.

Thing is is that mmy neck is all messed up so I can't ride it for another week.................soooooooo can anybody tell me wut to expect on my first ride. My only other mod is a k&n.

Old 10-08-2004, 01:39 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I put my buddies on wensday.....I was only able to ride it that night about 1/4 mile down the road. It got down that night in the high 30's. I was not dressed to ride. It was cold.

But I really did not notice any bottom end. But I really did not get into it. His sound is not a deep tone, it's really high. I don't care to much for the sound at all. I will be riding it again this weekend. I will be able to tell you more then. The one thing I did notice is the throttle response, I shipped the carb of to Doug Nicholas...@ Nicholas Cycle. Wow it is there right now. I would ship yours if you can. Big difference. I hope the sound is different this time. Thats the pipe I wan't on mine. When my buddy rode it he packed the wheels in 3rd gear. I really don't ride other peoples quads hard. This way when I get mine he won't ride it hard.

Keep me posted when you are able to ride it.

Old 10-08-2004, 02:18 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the reply, i'll be sure to post my thoughts once i ride, it'll prolly be another week before i ride.

Old 10-08-2004, 03:52 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Hey where did ya get the guy and the chic at above your name? That is sweet!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Range Rover

Well, i got out to riding this weekend. The pipe sounds great I think, sounds nice and deep like a four stroke but almost sounds 2-strokish in the higher revs. Maybe thats just me who thinks that iunno. Anyways, the power increase is quite noticeable. Not really seat of your pants noticeable but when i run next to my cousins Raptor 660 (all stock) now i totally blow his doors off. I used to beat him most of the time anyways, but not by this much. It was really close before and he used to get me top end. Now by third gear i am so far ahead its amazing.

Overall i am very pleased with the pipe and K&N. Its always nice to put a whoopin on them lil rappys.....lol.

Old 10-12-2004, 05:01 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

My duddy said the same thing about his. My other buddy has a Raptor, and they would race, and it was the same way....Pred won almost all the time, and now he beats him really bad. I told him at least he can see what it did for him.