Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Trail Boss 330 -- First Impressions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Trail Boss 330 -- First Impressions...

Hey all,

I just bought a Trail Boss 330 for my wife, I myself have a Suzuki LT-Z400 Sport quad, but the wife wanted a Utility..

We brought it home today, i personally told her to get the Scrambler 500, because of the power but she said that my 400cc was more power then she needed and wanted the 330.

Well to my dissapointment this thing is a dog for power.. I figured being a 330cc and being a bit heavier, of course it would have less power, but i did not expect it to have as little power and torque as it did..

I guess for her she is happy, but when we hit the trails, i will have to be in about 2nd for her to keep up with me.

This is my first Polaris, i am kinda of dissapointed thus far.

But i guess for less then $4000, you can't expect much...

Does anyone else have this ATV? Is there much that can be do make it any faster? or atleast some more torque?

Thanks,

-ThaChad

Old 10-21-2004, 07:18 AM
Pro Rider

I bought one for my girlfriend also. I replaced the stock springs in the secondary with those from my scrambler. And felt a noticlible differance. Try contacting Rick Ritter, he will help you out. They are great machines, after a little tweeking.

Old 10-21-2004, 08:14 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

You'll never get it to keep up with your Z. But when you get into some semi serious mud, she may be looking back for you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Talking to Rick is your best bet. I would love to build up the wife's Blazer, but she is content the way it is. Hey, as long as they're happy, that's more money for ours.

Old 10-21-2004, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

here,here scooter.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

a great quad for around 4000 is a suzuki eiger man!! it has decent power and definatly more then the 330... u should go test drive one of those it will be easier for her to keep up with you plus it has 4x4 incase u ever need it for something.

Old 10-21-2004, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

I think the Eiger is quite a bit more than 4k? I looked at the Eiger, and then bought the Boss. I forget what I was thinking all together - but I was thinking. It was a tuff choice no doubt. I put the RCR Stage One Kit on the Boss and it goes darn good now. After I bought my Boss, my brother bought one too. Like I say, I don't recall all the factors in my choice - I did factor in quality, $, USA, and comfort.

Old 10-22-2004, 12:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I also have a 04 330 and at first it would do about 42-43mph but after a good long day of hard riding it wil now do 46-48mph. When new everything is tight. Give it a chance to break in. It has plenty of power to climb and pull. Great in the mud for a 2x4. No it is not a sopeed demon but overall one of the best TRAIL quads out. You can change clutch springs to make it more snappy but then it will hurt you on rocky trails. You DO NOT want snappy on rocks. Also she can carry all the food,drink and straps on that all day trip. Better for you.

Old 10-22-2004, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

Hi speed is not the 330 's game...but it should be abel to hang in there on most trail rides. If you are riding fast wide open trails then yes it will lag behind...but in muddy wooded tight trails it should do fine in most situations. For the money it is a very well rounded wheeler. most people have them for playing on the trails , hitting the odd small jump and exploring the outdoors with other wheelers...If your riding style will be more sport oriented the majority of the time perhaps you should sell it and get something more suited...If it is intended for an all around FUN wheeler then it is worth hanging on to.

PINKMOON

Old 10-31-2004, 09:09 AM
Range Rover

i have a 02 trailboss and i do exactly what everyone has been saying. i do mostly trail riding. i fill it up and go for a ride into the woods i put 500-600 miles on it a year driving all over maine. i know i'm not going to win many races but i have fun going on long rides into new areas. one thing i would say is that it sems to get great gas milage. i go for rides in excess of 4 hours and i dont worry about gas.

Old 10-31-2004, 08:20 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally posted by: spiffinmaine i go for rides in excess of 4 hours and i dont worry about gas.
I never worry about gas either. Guess that's why I have ride in the last spot.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Polaris Trail Boss 330 -- First Impressions...