Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

CED and Polarisfreak

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 05:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CED and Polarisfreak

Guys, I had an idea after that last response to whitedog.

How about doing something for a runaway auto on alky? I thought of putting a nozzle or fitting in place of the original oil injector in the intake manifold. All you would need is a very small container (say about the size of a large pill bottle or something like that) with some mixed gas in it and a valve that could be opened quickly. With the throttle closed the engine would suck in the gas mixture almost instantly and should bring the motor back down. That could have even worked when Louie cracked the motor.

Old 10-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm up for the idea, I try not to thing about what would happen if it tried to run away with itself!

Old 10-22-2004, 05:45 PM
CED
Pro Rider

No,no good,that's adding weight.Just kiddin .Seems like it would work,i have a buddy that would try it.

Old 10-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Extra weight...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That's a good one. Would about 1lb be worth the possibility of a burned up motor? You could make a nice little canister out of aluminum and mount it under the frame rail on one side or something like that. Again, just an idea.

Old 10-22-2004, 07:07 PM
CED
Pro Rider

Hell we could probably just put a T in the line that goes to the cylinder,and if something happened you could just open the valve on the gas bottle.It should suck the fuel into the cylinder,what ya think ?

Old 10-22-2004, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

How about some type of an aerosol spray hooked to the unused manifold hole ? (small can WD 40 )

Prpoblem ---? isn't there a check valve in the polaris banjo fitting ? doesn't it take about 6 psi to get something through it ? Maybe a non check valved fitting would work .

Keep the ideas coming , I bet a good workable idea will surface .

Rick

Old 10-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Dam good idea... we need something
This has been in the back of my mind since I put this thing on alk. I mean, suppose it happens when its in gear?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Im gonna lenghten my little stub of a shifter so at least I may be able to jam it bak into neutral on the run. Better to have a ruined motor than a ruined bike and motor.

Old 10-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

It won't do it under load . It's just in neutral that a 2 stroke will *runaway* , or at least thats my experience . On a shifter bike if you pull in the clutch , place bike in gear apply brakes and slowly let out the clutch , as soon as the motor drops a few RPM it will die .

Rick

Old 10-22-2004, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

Aaa.. gud point. How bout the wd-40 hooked up on an either injection system 12v activated. like on a tractor. Maybe put another hole in the other side of the reed cage. Just push a button, release wd 40 into reed cage?

Old 10-22-2004, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

Now we're getting some somewhere! I don't even have neutral so I guess I would just point it away from everyone and jump off![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: CED and Polarisfreak