Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Uni-filter

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 02:06 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uni-filter

Never hunted unit 9 - will have to give it a try. I'm from Northern Arizona and have only been over here for 3 years.

Yup, do a ton of varmit hunting. Also shootin an AR as my main coyote buster. Built one on an Olympic PCR-3 lower, A3 flatop upper, 20" Shaw match barrel, DPMS free float tube, etc, etc - 3/8" groups @ 100yds are the norm with a hanloaded 60gr V-Max. Also get real good accuarcy with Ultramax ammo loaded with a 50gr Nosler - which I see they sell at the Sportsman's warehouse. Love that place [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-01-2004, 07:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default Uni-filter

I use the Ultramatch also when I'm too lazy to reload...lol. My .17 I load with 20gr Vmax, I had to back them down alittle, they're going 4200 fps....when I first was trying to guess a load, I crono'd them at 4500 fps....oops, started coming apart.

My Olympic has the freefloat handguard also. It'll shoot around .4' groups at 100 yards with a stock barrel. It has a JP trigger in it, works for my taste. The .17 shoots 1/4" groups and does a number on coyotes....little tiny hole going in, no exit. I've got several other .223's in the safe, but they don't get much use, I like either the AR or the .17.

Old 11-01-2004, 09:58 AM
Range Rover
Default Uni-filter

I'd alway heard good things about the .17 Rem but never have shot one. Been considering buying a .17 HMR since they've come out. Little small for coyotes, but would be great for fox. Killed a super nice mountain grey fox last winter but did a lot of hide damage with the .223 ......

Old 11-01-2004, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Uni-filter

The .17 is great on coyotes, fox, etc. I have the .17 HRM, a NEF single shot. I shot two coyotes at less than 100 yards, one dropped in its tracks, the other ran about 300 yards with a broadside shot right behind the shoulder...so no more .17 HRM for coyotes. It works great on foxes.

Believe it or not, I put a muzzle brake on my .17....so that I don't lose sight through the scope after the shot....its kicks less than my .22 Mags....but loud....

Old 11-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Range Rover
Default Uni-filter

I bet that sucker is loud - that's some serious velocity .....

Old 11-01-2004, 07:17 PM
Range Rover
Default Uni-filter

Did you buy your Polaris in ABQ? If so, which dealer if you don't mind saying.

Old 11-01-2004, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Uni-filter

yes, bought it at Rosedale on 4th street.....Mike is willing to work with me, when the other dealers were not so agreeable since the '05s just hit the showroom floor in August. They had to pull mine out of the crate...

did you buy yours in Los Lunas?

Old 11-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Range Rover
Default Uni-filter

Nope, at R&S West. The Los Lunas dealership was asking more than MSRP and weren't willing to deal. I didn't know about the place you got yours at.

R&S gave me a decent deal, but thier service is the worst I have ever seen. You buy and you own it - they don't seem to care if you come back and I will not. The Los Lunas guys more or less refused to work on a warranty item because I didn't buy it there so they have also lost my business.

Anyway, I was just curious. Didn't know if there was a decent dealer around here or not.

Thanks

Old 11-02-2004, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default Uni-filter

I live about a mile from R&S West, they wanted my business, but not too bad. Mike, the owner of Rosedale on 4th street is pretty cool and willing to deal. They're service guys are pretty good too. Although, don't order anything from them, it'll never come in....I ordered the front brush guard and service manual about 2 months ago, never called me.....I had the front brushguard a week after I ordered from them, ordered directly from Polaris....the Service Manual is an '04, because they don't have the '05 manual out yet....

Rosedale is a ways out on 4th street, almost to Alemeda. Although they didn't give me the greatest deal on the '05, they knocked off $500 and they just got them in. Of course you have to watch what they charge you for other things....they charged me half freight....it was an ok deal considering the '05s just came in the day before.

Forgot to ask my manager about taking Thurs/Fri off of work. I want to go up and take some dogs. Trouble is that people are muzzleloader hunting for elk now, but I'll be further out in the desert....time to cull some of this years pups which are dumb and almost full grown....well almost. Good time to get pairs in, sometimes triples. Easier with the AR to get multiple shots, then again sometimes you shoot one and the others just watch....

dave

Old 11-02-2004, 12:31 AM
Range Rover
Default Uni-filter

Should be good calling, supposed to get colder the next few days. One of our guys came up from El Paso this AM and said he had snow most of the way. I'm gettin the itch to go thin the population too ....

Quick Reply: Uni-filter