Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

what should i do? sincerely, a disgusted polaris owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 11:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what should i do? sincerely, a disgusted polaris owner

has anyone here ever ran 27x8-12 and 27x10-12 mudbugs on their machine???? How do they handle? Just curious to see how they run..those are the narrowist tires i've seen in that height..thanks!

Edited: Tue June 29, 2004 at 9:02 AM by tpalm5

Why you looking for these if you dont mud?

Well anyway, right now my problem is something electrical...the 4x4 switch wouldn't work.. when i switched it into 2x4 the light stayed on so I took the switch apart and messed around with it. I touched a screwdriver across the 3 terminals under the switch, it sparked and the light went out and it wouldnt go back on. Consequently, the quad only stays in 2 wheel drive.. Could someone please reply because i can't find a fuse to change...is it something more serious and/or costly? Any help would be appreciated..Thanks !!!!

June 23 2004.

If you call jumping 3 connections with a screwdriver maintinence or repair I worry for the rest of your quad.

Sat August 07, 2004 10:26 PM

i'm looking for some help on what offset to get with c-series on a brute force since the 4/110 bolt pattern comes in 5+2, 2+5, and 3+4. Which ones will fit and how much width will i gain.....

Just waitin to dump the sp600 this week then goin out and gettin a bf!! cant wait

hmmmm

Sat August 28, 2004 9:56 PM

i got my email from ricochet they're going to cost $350 for the whole set

From a post regarding skid plates for a BF?

Makes one wonder.

Old 11-09-2004, 12:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider

SkiDood...Sure hate to be someone who wants to date your daughter...I couldnt stand the investigation.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2004, 07:10 AM
Trailblazer

skidood, i was looking at the mudbugs for snow riding her in New York, and fyi i was looking into a brute force earlier in the year due to the problems ive had with the sportsman. Rather than scrutiny, i was looking for some helpful advice. And everybody else Thanks for the help.

Old 11-09-2004, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider

you need to talk straight to your dealer wich you bought the quad,
if the quad is stgill under waarrenty,polaris should cover at least the parts they're involve with,it can happen some thing beside,your delaer
is saling you a lemon wich is seem to be "overrated" for some mis-assembly items,or the quad suffer from factory error that determine
the faulty parts.talk to your dealer with someone else and get
straight with him to let you knwon what is the $uc$

Old 11-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

What is the name of the dealer involved? Where is it located?

Old 11-09-2004, 05:54 PM
Trailblazer

The dealer is Teixera's Polaris in Hyde Park, NY. I told the guy there to give me a list of parts and only to fix the cv joint, i'd take care of the rest. Do guys know any cheap polaris parts websites?

Old 11-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Trailblazer

Most of what that dealer told you sounds like a screw job, Bad rear wheel studs? what the heck is that.

All your bushings I would not let them touch without you or some other qualified person making sure they really are bad. Same goes for you leaking fluids, alot of shops it only takes one drop of something somewhere for them to want to "Reseal" the part. Bottom line get it out of that shop and get another opinion.

Old 11-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

Taking your word for how you treat it and assuming you don't beat the crap out of it, I would hold the dealer responsible. That is definitely a lemmon if you don't neglect it. And if your dealer won't help you, buy the parts and fix it yourself and then NEVER go back to that dealer again.

In Colorado it seems Polaris holds their value better than the other quads but not by a huge margin.

Old 11-10-2004, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider

If you want to see the value of any quad I would like to remind folks they are listed in the NADA Blue Book.

Old 11-19-2004, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer

Tpalm5,

Sounds like you bought a used quad(yes or no)? If so you have to remember the ultimate question, why did the person that owned it to begin with get rid of it??

Never buy used unless you know the previous owner, because according to dealers they are all grandma driven!!!!!!!!!!

Also might want to consider contacting a lawyer and have him talk to the dealer you bought it from, chances are there was a few problems with this bike before you acquired it. Should be able to find out the previous owner.

From my experience, my 04.5 700 EFI is as tough as nails, I ride it ***** to the walls and have had no problems what so ever.

Don't let this one experience stray you to another brand because in the end when you get a new polaris you won't regret it!!

Other people with different makes are going through the same things with their quads and dealers as well.

Quick Reply: what should i do? sincerely, a disgusted polaris owner