Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another SP800 review

Thanks.

Old 11-17-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

I am not trying to pick a fight or anything, but do you guys honestly feel the King Quad and SP are going to be comparable in terms of performance? I mean the sp only weight 160lbs more than the suzuki. That would take an enormous amount of power just to hang with it.

Old 11-17-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Elbongo
I am not trying to pick a fight or anything, but do you guys honestly feel the King Quad and SP are going to be comparable in terms of performance? I mean the sp only weight 160lbs more than the suzuki. That would take an enormous amount of power just to hang with it.
GE4x4 would be the best person to answer this one I think. He ownes the KQ and test drove a 05 700EFI. Now if your talking about the 800, I would go out on a limb as say the 800 has it in the bag from the way the mags talk....

Old 11-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

I have the '05 700 EFI...to answer some questions, I think the 800 EFI will pull all other monster quads, even with the extra weight, but we can wait to see the comparison, its only my opinion that it will...

To answer Jeff's questions....I can say...

the '05 has a much better ride than previous year SPs.....the suspension is awesome on this machine....even when I hit those 3 whoops in the snow last Sunday because it was whiteout....i didn't bottom out....

the fenders are wider as well as the stance and it doesn't throw nearly as much mud on you....

for such a big and heavy machine, it handles like an amble lightweight in the turns and transitions, you can slide the rearend around and steer it right out....

the ride is plush, something I like for all day riding....

and, since it is big enough, you can put your pillow up on the rear rack and lay back and catch a nap.....

I'm in Tampa, Florida right now, but look for some more pictures after I ride next Sunday.....when I'm back in New Mexico....

dave

Old 11-17-2004, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: elkbow
I have the '05 700 EFI...to answer some questions, I think the 800 EFI will pull all other monster quads, even with the extra weight, but we can wait to see the comparison, its only my opinion that it will...

To answer Jeff's questions....I can say...

the '05 has a much better ride than previous year SPs.....the suspension is awesome on this machine....even when I hit those 3 whoops in the snow last Sunday because it was whiteout....i didn't bottom out....

the fenders are wider as well as the stance and it doesn't throw nearly as much mud on you....

for such a big and heavy machine, it handles like an amble lightweight in the turns and transitions, you can slide the rearend around and steer it right out....

the ride is plush, something I like for all day riding....

and, since it is big enough, you can put your pillow up on the rear rack and lay back and catch a nap.....

I'm in Tampa, Florida right now, but look for some more pictures after I ride next Sunday.....when I'm back in New Mexico....

dave
I agree 100% with you. The 05's are just awesome to say the least.

Old 11-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info Dave. Have fun.

Old 11-17-2004, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Jeffox, I'm from Detroit........But I now live in central Wisconsin. I'm also working the next 8 days in a row, 12hrs a day. This sucks because I would like to give you guys a few more reports, but I have to pay for the BEAST!!!

Old 11-17-2004, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jefffoxsr
Hey Jeff...not much fun here. All work and no play, luckily they have high-speed internet....

Ready to head back and go ride. If its not too cold when I get back, I have to take the dog out on the ride. I had to put him up at the kennel and he has a tendancy not to eat when he is there. He weighed 108 pounds on their scale when I took him in, so I can see how much weight he loses while there. I'll be back Friday. Hopefully also Polaris shipped the correct rack for my 700 and its there when I get back.....

at least the weather is half-way decent here....but would still rather be up riding in the cold of the mountains.....

dave

Old 11-17-2004, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: elkbow
Originally posted by: jefffoxsr
Hey Jeff...not much fun here. All work and no play, luckily they have high-speed internet....

Ready to head back and go ride. If its not too cold when I get back, I have to take the dog out on the ride. I had to put him up at the kennel and he has a tendancy not to eat when he is there. He weighed 108 pounds on their scale when I took him in, so I can see how much weight he loses while there. I'll be back Friday. Hopefully also Polaris shipped the correct rack for my 700 and its there when I get back.....

at least the weather is half-way decent here....but would still rather be up riding in the cold of the mountains.....

dave
Dave feel free to look in my pictures, I have the front rack extender installed on mine. The quad is the same color as yours and everything, this should give you a really good idea of what it's going to look like. BTW you do have to do a little drilling, I had my dealer put mine on when I bought the quad so I don't know all the steps. I just let them do it....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2004, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer

My 800 will be in on the 29 of this month that is if I want silver and black. I really want red and black yet that won't ship untill the end of December. So I may just get the s/b I just do not want to wait any longer

Quick Reply: Another SP800 review