Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

DW mag is at it again!!Big Bore shootout with no SP800EFI

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DW mag is at it again!!Big Bore shootout with no SP800EFI

i lost alot of respect for DW when i read the brute force review. they bashed it so bad at the end instead of constructively critisizing it. plus if you read other review of it the brute force is a pretty good all around machine, but not according to DW. this just continues to show what kind of a mag DW is not even including the 800. let's say for a moment that they couldn't get the 800 at that time, hey dirtwheels, WAIT TILL YOU CAN AND THEN DO THE SHOOTOUT!!!

Old 11-23-2004, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: QuadLT500Racer
i can get my 500 up in low or high. 77ccs isnt going to make up for what it lost in the other categories for
did you even read any of the previous reviews of the 800 EFI?????? Apparently not, they show pictures of it doing wheelies and also talk about the incredible power and acceleration....

what other categories did it lose in? do you have a copy of DW? What machine is pictured on page 78? anyways, go back and read previous magazine tests and watch for the new tests before you speak.....

man, sometimes i just wonder what people are thinking.....

there is a simple solution, those that have 700's and are getting 800's can post here, other biased wannabe's go somewhere else....

ok, i must be tired, now i'm getting cranky.....

shutup and ride...

Old 11-23-2004, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider

shutup and ride...

lol...i agree....

Old 11-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have to agree with you guys here.I QUIT reading DUMB WHEELS many years ago because of the BS that they print.

Makes a reader wonder WHERE and WHO the hell is doing these reveiws?Yrs ago,they printed up some BS about the 400cc 2-stroke Xplorer that was TOTAL BS!

I dont own Polaris anymore[I had 2 brand new 4x4s that were BIG problems]but they should have still included the 800EFI in the shootout.

Old 11-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

everyone should stop buying this mag then we would not here from them and they would go **** up and maybe a new mag would come out from someone else? hint hint just a thought

Old 11-23-2004, 11:09 PM

When I got my first ATV.........a 1988 Polaris Trail Boss 250 (the same thing as the Trailblazer 250 now) in 1987, I started reading Dirtwheels magazine. Back then the anti-Polaris bias was downright blatant.

They hated the floor boards........they hated the single brake .......they hated that it weighed more........they hated the automatic PVT tranny........ and just in general they never missed an oportunity to make a derogatory remark about Polaris ATV's. But really it became obvious to me that what I was seeing was that they were unfamiliar and uncomfortable with the Polaris ATV's........ they were like something completely........ 'ALIEN' to them.

At the same time it became very obvious that Honda could do no wrong........and the other Kawa/Suz/Yama machines were all almost as good as Honda........but Polaris was most definately a very odd (unwanted) duck.

Back then you had sport quads and you had utility quads just like now but the utility quads were very 'tractor-like' with very poor suspensions (almost no travel), solid axles, manual trannies and docile engines. Polaris came along and transformed the utility machines into what the others ended up copying.

Dirt Wheels had to be dragged over the course of time into acknowledging that Polaris could no longer be ignored or treated like the orange haired cousin.

Times have changed.

Bob

Old 11-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

no i did not get that issue yet, but i doubt it lost just because of power. it had to of lost in other categories. what besides engine upgrades is the 800 different? tell me that (besides that much unneeded weight)

Old 11-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

no i did not get that issue yet, but i doubt it lost just because of power. it had to of lost in other categories. what besides engine upgrades is the 800 different? tell me that (besides that much unneeded weight)
didn't figure you read it....

the '05 machine is completely different, besides being an 800....so what is different?.....

- completely different suspension, more travel, wider, plusher riding...just incredible....if you read the article, they rated it highest/best
- motor changes, don't list differences from '04.5 to '05, new electronic module and programming
- new storage racks, front and rear, read DW article, they said something like 'how come nobody has done this before?'
- new tires/wheels, 26" standard/stock
- new 1 1/4" receiver/hitch on the rear

800 EFI
- new 760cc motor
- new electronic module and programming

will it beat a BF in a drag race, possibly so....and considering that it weights 160 pounds more, just think of how much torque/horsepower this machine is putting out......

and of course, its Electronic Fuel Injected...no rejetting, no running like crap at different altitudes, best fuel enconomy....

but, if you don't like Polaris, then don't get it and don't be jealous of those that will have it....I just bought the '05 700 EFI and I'm jealous already....but I can be...

Old 11-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: elkbow
didn't figure you read it....

the '05 machine is completely different, besides being an 800....so what is different?.....

- completely different suspension, more travel, wider, plusher riding...just incredible....if you read the article, they rated it highest/best
- motor changes, don't list differences from '04.5 to '05, new electronic module and programming
- new storage racks, front and rear, read DW article, they said something like 'how come nobody has done this before?'
- new tires/wheels, 26" standard/stock
- new 1 1/4" receiver/hitch on the rear

800 EFI
- new 760cc motor
- new electronic module and programming

will it beat a BF in a drag race, possibly so....and considering that it weights 160 pounds more, just think of how much torque/horsepower this machine is putting out......

and of course, its Electronic Fuel Injected...no rejetting, no running like crap at different altitudes, best fuel enconomy....

but, if you don't like Polaris, then don't get it and don't be jealous of those that will have it....I just bought the '05 700 EFI and I'm jealous already....but I can be...
LOL me too...

Old 11-24-2004, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

checked out your pictures Aaron, nice machine, exactly the same as mine....now you just need to add the bumper, brushguard, winch, 3 headlight mod, etc.

you can check out all of my pics here: '05 700 EFI, etc.

if you have any questions on installs, etc., let me know....

dave

Quick Reply: DW mag is at it again!!Big Bore shootout with no SP800EFI