Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

TIRE UPGRADE FOR POLARIS SPORTSMAN?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 11:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TIRE UPGRADE FOR POLARIS SPORTSMAN?

I am almost positive they are 4, but if there not they must be 6.

Old 12-28-2004, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TIRE UPGRADE FOR POLARIS SPORTSMAN?

One of my atv friends also very much likes those new tires on his new sp500 H.O.. They are 25's and he says they work in mud just great. To answer the guys question above. What are the lightest big mud tires. I believe the Mud Bugs that I have are the lightest. They are still 6 ply. and if you were just wanting to go big but keep the extra weight down. You could go with 27" mud bugsf and alluminum rims. BUt only if you really had money to burn since its about a Grand, I'm talking about. My Mud bugs are not prematurely wearing out. After 3 years with them, I still have lots of "LUG" left. This is only one choice. Everyone else is also giving you very good other ideas and its all up to your perference.

Keep in mind that one thing that is bad about all of our agressive mud tires. is that you don't have any play and if you are pulling hard like pulling someone out of the mud. etc. etc. These tires grab and hold and it is easier to break something on your machine when using your power because these tires do not slip so easily.... Outlaws do ride, very bumpy on nice easy terrain. they are just super in mud. I guess you have allot to think about.... RangerChet

ps: I do like agressive tires and in learning how to ride with them. I find that I can slowly and gently ride through some deep agressive mud with out getting stuck. When I had the old polaris stock tires. I had to gun it, to get through mud. So when riding with these new super mud tires. After you find out how fantastic they all are, you to will find out how gently you can ride through the mud. I have to laugh to myself sometimes when I am in the deep woods. I see where there is some good mud and some atv's end up going around it. tearing up the woods somewhat. I put er-in-4x4 and slowly ride right through that stuff. there was no reason to have to ride around that mud hole. - RangerChet